Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Grandparents Guild (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!! (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=28064)

Pressing-On 12-24-2009 08:42 PM

PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

I GOT THE BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT IN ALL THE WORLD!!!!

I'M GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER!!!!!

My last gift was a little, pretty sack from my daughter. Inside was a Christmas ornament in the shape of a baby bottle. She used a paint pen and wrote: "Merry Christmas! I'm pregnant!"

My husband said, "No way!" and handed me the ornament. I just about flipped out!!! LOL!

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They've been trying, seriously, for 5 years!!!!!

At the beginning of this month she prayed and said, "Jesus, this is the month that we celebrate you as the Giver of Life. I pray that you would give me a life so that I can share it at Christmas."

Now, that is an answered prayer!!!!!

She hadn't been feeling well. Has been late manyyyyy times. Took the test and it came back a yes. She took a picture and drove to where her husband works. She said, "Look at this picture." He thought it was about their dog. When he looked at it, the first thing he said, "You took it without me being there?" Awwwwww!!!!!

She drove to Houston and had a sonogram. Her mid-wife said everything looks perfect. It's positioned perfect!! The heartbeat was perfect. She is due in August!!!!

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
:christmasjig :christmasjig

Margies3 12-24-2009 08:56 PM

Re: best Christmas present ever

Pressing-On, that is the BEST Christmas news I've heard this year - and I don't even know your daughter. How awesome!!!

I think knowing that she has tried for so many years is what touches me so much. We tried and tried and tried and then turned it over to God and felt led to adopt. So I understand the struggle your daughter has gone thru all these years. I am soooooooooooo happy for her!! And for you too.

Is this your first grandchild? I'm going to pray for things to go absolutely perfectly!!!

Raven 12-24-2009 09:00 PM

Re: I'm going to be a grandmother!!!!

Congratulations PressingOn! Being a grandparent is one of God's greatest gifts.

Raven

Pressing-On 12-24-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margies3 (Post 854812)
Pressing-On, that is the BEST Christmas news I've heard this year - and I don't even know your daughter. How awesome!!!

I think knowing that she has tried for so many years is what touches me so much. We tried and tried and tried and then turned it over to God and felt led to adopt. So I understand the struggle your daughter has gone thru all these years. I am soooooooooooo happy for her!! And for you too.

Is this your first grandchild? I'm going to pray for things to go absolutely perfectly!!!

Yes, my very first grandchild!!!!! She talked about adopting. I wasn't sure she could have children.

Her husband is a manager at Lowe's. They have these little wood kits that come through the store. Birdhouses, cars, etc. Every time a new one comes in, someone in the store brings one to him and says, "Here's a new kit."

My daughter asked him why he was collecting them. He said, "Someday when we have a baby, I'm going to build these with him or her." Too cute!!!

Thank you for your prayers!! We will never be the same!!!

Margies3 12-24-2009 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 854815)
Yes, my very first grandchild!!!!! She talked about adopting. I wasn't sure she could have children.

Her husband is a manager at Lowe's. They have these little wood kits that come through the store. Birdhouses, cars, etc. Every time a new one comes in, someone in the store brings one to him and says, "Here's a new kit."

My daughter asked him why he was collecting them. He said, "Someday when we have a baby, I'm going to build these with him or her." Too cute!!!

That is sooooooooooo sweet!! Talk about "faith talking"!!! Good for him!

Pressing-On 12-24-2009 09:02 PM

Thank you. I'm still is shock. I don't know how to act!!! I don't want to go to bed. I'm not even tired!!! LOL!

Pressing-On 12-24-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margies3 (Post 854817)
That is sooooooooooo sweet!! Talk about "faith talking"!!! Good for him!

He's so cute and so excited!!!!!! Now I want them to get rid of their pit bull. He plays rough!!!

I guess I need to try and go to sleep. We have to get up early in the morning.

:merrychristmas

Sherri 12-24-2009 09:07 PM

Congratulation, PO!!!! What awesome news. I would love to hear that same thing by this time next year.

Pressing-On 12-24-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherri (Post 854820)
Congratulation, PO!!!! What awesome news. I would love to hear that same thing by this time next year.

Thank you! We will pray that will be your news next year!!!

Goodnight and :merrychristmas

Pro31:28 12-24-2009 09:20 PM

WOO HOO!!!! My Best friend has been through the grueling process of infertility- She is due on Easter!