Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54430)

Michael The Disciple 04-19-2021 07:06 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602468)
Actually, that is the Eastern Orthodox creed (of which I am now a member) - the Catholics added the Filioque later on.

So you have left the Oneness doctrine?

seguidordejesus 04-19-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 1602469)
So you have left the Oneness doctrine?

After years of careful consideration, I have reached the conclusion that Oneness doctrine is incorrect. And if they lost me, they could have lost anyone, because I wasn't trying to leave.

1 God 04-20-2021 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602470)
After years of careful consideration, I have reached the conclusion that Oneness doctrine is incorrect. And if they lost me, they could have lost anyone, because I wasn't trying to leave.

Leaving the oneness to become trinity is akin to hopping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Originalist 04-20-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Actually, that is the Eastern Orthodox creed (of which I am now a member) - the Catholics added the Filioque later on.

Exactly. Thanks for being historically accurate.

Nicodemus1968 04-20-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 God (Post 1602476)
Leaving the oneness to become trinity is akin to hopping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Why? To some on here, the trinitarian view point or the oneness belief is the same god. They worship the same god we worship. Why would it matter if a belief is not exactly the same?

Nicodemus1968 04-20-2021 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602470)

How did they loose you?

seguidordejesus 04-20-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602480)
How did they loose you?

That, sir, is a very long story, but I will tell you, it has nothing to do with misbehaving preachers or my wife not wanting to wear a skirt. Search honestly for yourself is all I can say.

votivesoul 04-20-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

What I wrote was true, in that what you shared was the original Nicene Creed from 325AD, translated into 21st century English, and was, as such, the official formation of the Catholic Church, despite what other developments to the Creed that came afterward.

seguidordejesus 04-20-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by votivesoul (Post 1602484)
What I wrote was true, in that what you shared was the original Nicene Creed from 325AD, translated into 21st century English, and was, as such, the official formation of the Catholic Church, despite what other developments to the Creed that came afterward.

Yes and no. They were not separate at the time so that was the formation of the catholic (universal) church, not the Roman Catholic Church. So ok, sure :)

Originalist 04-20-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602489)
Yes and no. They were not separate at the time so that was the formation of the catholic (universal) church, not the Roman Catholic Church. So ok, sure :)

Exactly.