Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54430)

1 God 04-15-2021 07:43 AM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name

Quote:

Originally Posted by votivesoul (Post 1602429)
If the Spirit of God is in us, then all that makes God, God, is present within us through Him. We do not have a compartmentalized Spirit of God, or just a segment of His God-hood resident in us. We have Him and all that makes Him what and who He is.

Regarding the Spirit without measure, it does not imply we have it only in a measured way. That statement about Him was made before Pentecost. All that makes the Spirit the Spirit, is in us. Now, it may be we are not fully walking in all that God would have us walk in, and we may be grieving the Spirit or quenching the Spirit through works of the flesh as we mature and undergo the process of sanctification, but it's not like the Holy Spirit is a quantifiable substance wherein we get to say, you have only a little bit of the Spirit in you, but he has more, and I have some, but she has the most.

If the Spirit is in you, it is in you. And you can be full of the Spirit, just as Paul wrote, even after he mentioned the earnest of our inheritance.

Great post. While Jesus was on earth, the writer of the gospel said he was given the Spirit without measure. This implies that some have it by measure or it would not have mentioned it. We are given what is known as "part" gifts(1 Cor 13). Jesus had no "part" gifts. He had unlimited ability to do what God wanted him to do.

1 God 04-15-2021 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602427)
Amen.

I believe in one God, Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages; Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not created, of one essence with the Father through Whom all things were made. Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man. He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried; And He rose on the third day, according to the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father; And He will come again with glory to judge the living and dead. His kingdom shall have no end.

And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Creator of life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke through the prophets.

In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.

Hail Mary, full of grace...

Nicodemus1968 04-15-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 God (Post 1602437)
Hail Mary, full of grace...

What’s wrong with that?

mfblume 04-15-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602438)
What’s wrong with that?

(Some people think "catholic" means "Roman Catholic." Lack of edumacation.)

Nicodemus1968 04-15-2021 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1602442)
(Some people think "catholic" means "Roman Catholic." Lack of edumacation.)

:heeheehee

1 God 04-16-2021 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602438)
What’s wrong with that?

That is an RCC prayer to Jesus' mother.

Nicodemus1968 04-16-2021 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 God (Post 1602448)
That is an RCC prayer to Jesus' mother.

If that’s how there prayers get to Jesus, again whats wrong with that? We all pray to the same god in some way form or fashion.

1 God 04-16-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602449)
If that’s how there prayers get to Jesus, again whats wrong with that? We all pray to the same god in some way form or fashion.

There is only 1 mediator between God and man, correct? I go straight to Jesus, because he is my confessor and counselor.

votivesoul 04-16-2021 01:55 PM

The creed seguirdodejesus posted is the Nicene Creed, which is the official formulation of the Catholic Church, so 1God's critique is warranted.

seguidordejesus 04-19-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by votivesoul (Post 1602456)
The creed seguirdodejesus posted is the Nicene Creed, which is the official formulation of the Catholic Church, so 1God's critique is warranted.

Actually, that is the Eastern Orthodox creed (of which I am now a member) - the Catholics added the Filioque later on.

Michael The Disciple 04-19-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602468)
Actually, that is the Eastern Orthodox creed (of which I am now a member) - the Catholics added the Filioque later on.

So you have left the Oneness doctrine?

seguidordejesus 04-19-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple (Post 1602469)
So you have left the Oneness doctrine?

After years of careful consideration, I have reached the conclusion that Oneness doctrine is incorrect. And if they lost me, they could have lost anyone, because I wasn't trying to leave.

1 God 04-20-2021 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602470)
After years of careful consideration, I have reached the conclusion that Oneness doctrine is incorrect. And if they lost me, they could have lost anyone, because I wasn't trying to leave.

Leaving the oneness to become trinity is akin to hopping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Originalist 04-20-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Exactly. Thanks for being historically accurate.

Nicodemus1968 04-20-2021 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 God (Post 1602476)
Leaving the oneness to become trinity is akin to hopping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Why? To some on here, the trinitarian view point or the oneness belief is the same god. They worship the same god we worship. Why would it matter if a belief is not exactly the same?

Nicodemus1968 04-20-2021 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602470)

How did they loose you?

seguidordejesus 04-20-2021 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602480)
How did they loose you?

That, sir, is a very long story, but I will tell you, it has nothing to do with misbehaving preachers or my wife not wanting to wear a skirt. Search honestly for yourself is all I can say.

votivesoul 04-20-2021 08:46 AM

Quote:

What I wrote was true, in that what you shared was the original Nicene Creed from 325AD, translated into 21st century English, and was, as such, the official formation of the Catholic Church, despite what other developments to the Creed that came afterward.

seguidordejesus 04-20-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by votivesoul (Post 1602484)
What I wrote was true, in that what you shared was the original Nicene Creed from 325AD, translated into 21st century English, and was, as such, the official formation of the Catholic Church, despite what other developments to the Creed that came afterward.

Yes and no. They were not separate at the time so that was the formation of the catholic (universal) church, not the Roman Catholic Church. So ok, sure :)

Originalist 04-20-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602489)
Yes and no. They were not separate at the time so that was the formation of the catholic (universal) church, not the Roman Catholic Church. So ok, sure :)

Exactly.

navygoat1998 04-20-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602482)
That, sir, is a very long story, but I will tell you, it has nothing to do with misbehaving preachers or my wife not wanting to wear a skirt. Search honestly for yourself is all I can say.

Yes sir! Search honestly!

votivesoul 04-20-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Hence no use of the word Roman on my part. :thumbsup

votivesoul 04-20-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by votivesoul (Post 1602492)

Either way, the Nicene Creed you shared goes back to 325AD and both Roman and Orthodox trace their roots to that conference.

mfblume 04-20-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 God (Post 1602476)

As if unitarianism is the better choice.

How come Jesus did not require the cross if he was born like any man and was only man? Sounds like God is a respector of persons.

The test of a doctrine is what it does with the cross. And unitarianism removes the truth of the cross, for if Jesus was not God incarnate, then he was like us with sin, regardless of who fathered him. And if being born of God and still being only human meant Jesus had no sin, then why did not God do that with all the human race since Adam instead of just him? It would have saved the suffering of the cross.

Originalist 04-20-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navygoat1998 (Post 1602491)
Yes sir! Search honestly!

Are you also in Eastern Orthodox now?

seguidordejesus 04-20-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by votivesoul (Post 1602492)

Just clearing it up for everyone except you :yourock

navygoat1998 04-20-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Originalist (Post 1602497)
Are you also in Eastern Orthodox now?

:smack Of course not! I am still Pentecostal

coksiw 04-20-2021 06:26 PM

Any snake handling Pentecostal here?

Originalist 04-20-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1602500)

Dumbest post of this thread. Geesh.

coksiw 04-20-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Originalist (Post 1602501)
Dumbest post of this thread. Geesh.

You don’t see the joke, do you? :rolleyes2

Nicodemus1968 04-20-2021 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1602500)

I got it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was.

1 God 04-21-2021 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1602494)
As if unitarianism is the better choice.

How come Jesus did not require the cross if he was born like any man and was only man? Sounds like God is a respector of persons.

The test of a doctrine is what it does with the cross. And unitarianism removes the truth of the cross, for if Jesus was not God incarnate, then he was like us with sin, regardless of who fathered him. And if being born of God and still being only human meant Jesus had no sin, then why did not God do that with all the human race since Adam instead of just him? It would have saved the suffering of the cross.

Who is unitarian here?

1 God 04-21-2021 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602479)
Why? To some on here, the trinitarian view point or the oneness belief is the same god. They worship the same god we worship. Why would it matter if a belief is not exactly the same?

Great question. The fact is that the RCC is the mother of trinity. Anyone that believes it falls under her authority. She is the divider of the lone God. If she teaches it, folks should run the other way.

1 God 04-21-2021 06:40 AM

Quote:

the RCC and the CC are the same church. it is headquartered in Rome and always was from the beginning.

seguidordejesus 04-21-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 God (Post 1602508)
the RCC and the CC are the same church. it is headquartered in Rome and always was from the beginning.

Unfortunately, that is incorrect.

Originalist 04-21-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seguidordejesus (Post 1602516)
Unfortunately, that is incorrect.

Exactly.

mfblume 04-28-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 God (Post 1602508)

Incorrect. "Catholic" just means across the whole world. Roman Catholics just took that Catholic part and used it for their ends.

mfblume 04-28-2021 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 God (Post 1602506)
Who is unitarian here?

You. Do you know what unitarianism means, because it's evident that you don't know what catholic means? Now, please answer the question I posed in the post you're responding to.

Esaias 04-28-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Serious question:

Do you really believe that prayer to dead saints, hymns to Mary, and veneration of icons represent what Jesus and the apostles practiced, that such is the same faith and practice they had?

seguidordejesus 04-28-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1602637)
Serious question:

Do you really believe that prayer to dead saints, hymns to Mary, and veneration of icons represent what Jesus and the apostles practiced, that such is the same faith and practice they had?

I have faith that the same church fathers who learned from the apostles themselves, and who compiled the scriptures we have today, reached a consensus as to the practices that the whole church should participate in.

But strictly speaking, to answer your question, I doubt that Jesus Himself and the Apostles themselves, would have prayed to Mary (because she wasn't dead) or prayed to dead saints (because they weren't dead yet). There is some evidence of icons in ancient Judaism, so I can't answer that except to say maybe.