Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hell and Mr. Fudge Movie (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=45868)

Disciple4life 03-24-2014 06:09 PM

Hell and Mr. Fudge Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYitcv8uBkc

Comments?

justlookin 03-24-2014 06:25 PM

Re: Hell and Mr. Fudge Movie

I'd have a hard time watching it because of the fake southern accents. That alone would put me off.

Would a loving God allow people to suffer hell is a question oft asked. Another question is, would a loving God order the slaughter of innocent children. Both are legitimate questions and, in my opinion, the answer is yes.

God is God and we ain't. Doesn't mean I enjoy or like everything God does, but he's God and I do trust Him.

Disciple4life 03-24-2014 06:30 PM

Those are fake southern accents!?!?

How is ordering the of slaughter of innocent children different than the drowning of innocent children. In the end God caused both. Right?

justlookin 03-24-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disciple4life (Post 1306404)
Those are fake southern accents!?!?

How is ordering the of slaughter of innocent children different than the drowning of innocent children. In the end God caused both. Right?

Yep, they are fake southern accents. Hollywood southern accents. Nobody I know speaks like that and I'm definitely in the south.

In the end, it's was God who allowed or caused both the killing or drowning of innocent children, yes. Hard to accept? Of course it is, but to deny it is to deny the bible. I accept it, with limited understanding.

Again, God is God.

Timmy 03-24-2014 06:44 PM

"Folks are partial to the truth they've already got."

Yep.

justlookin 03-24-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 1306410)
"Folks are partial to the truth they've already got."

Yep.

Everybody believes they know/have at least some of the truth including those in the movie. Nobody, unless they are nuts, will base their life and beliefs on what they honestly think is a lie.

Following one's truth doesn't make one's truth true though, it's simply how we have taken information, processed it, and then come to a conclusion we believe is correct.

Disciple4life 03-24-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justlookin (Post 1306412)
Everybody believes they know/have at least some of the truth including those in the movie. Nobody, unless they are nuts, will base their life and beliefs on what they honestly think is a lie.

Following one's truth doesn't make one's truth true though, it's simply how we have taken information, processed it, and then come to a conclusion we believe is correct.

I think one of the points of the movie is to get people to ask questions and then research it for themselves.
Don't just believe what the preacher tells you.
To me people studying the Word of God and being able to give a simple but intelligent answer for their beliefs is a good thing.

This movie could be about anything, standards, beliefs, doctrine. But it is a true story about somebody finding the answers for themselves.

I mean if Wikipedia isn't available!

KeptByTheWord 03-25-2014 09:39 AM

Did this Mr. Fudge come to a "universalist" conclusion about hell?

Disciple4life 03-25-2014 11:01 AM

Did this Mr. Fudge come to a "universalist" conclusion about hell?

He comes to the conclusion of annihilationism.

I have not seen the movie. But it is about Edward Fudge and that is what he believes. Also I have not read any of his books. I just stumbled across the trailer for the movie and wondered what people thought.

Michael The Disciple 03-25-2014 10:01 PM

Good for Fudge. He believes in the destruction of the wicked like Jesus taught. Its catching on. I used to teach the lost would suffer for trillion upon trillions of unending years myself. Until I looked at it from A different viewpoint.

I was the only Preacher I ever heard try to teach a whole session on the eternity of torment in Hell. I heard Preachers speak of it in snippets. Read a bit in books but like most just assumed it was true.

Approaching it with an open mind showed far more scripture showing the DESTRUCTION of the lost. Certainly still not a happy ending for them but I no longer believe God will burn a man who lives 70 years on the Earth for trillions of years.

The soul that sins shall die. Ezekiel 18:4

The wages of sin is DEATH. Rom. 6:23