Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The Library (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What are you reading currently? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=946)

navygoat1998 04-01-2015 03:45 PM

Re: What are you reading currently?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant's <3 (Post 1366783)
One must separate fat from meat.... wheat from tares etc... if you recall both are allowed to grow together.

I never throw the baby out with the bath water. I still have some books on my shelve from Oneness authors that I have read recently. I still listen to Oneness preaching and my favorite music is choir music from the UPC. :happydance

obriencp 04-03-2015 12:25 PM

Re: What are you reading currently?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by navygoat1998 (Post 1366983)
I never throw the baby out with the bath water. I still have some books on my shelve from Oneness authors that I have read recently. I still listen to Oneness preaching and my favorite music is choir music from the UPC. :happydance

:highfive

mfblume 04-25-2015 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Servant's <3 (Post 1366667)
Until I finished it last week.

"The Bait of Satan" John Bevere

There is a small part of the book where he talks about the Trinity. (like maybe in one section on two pages) but otherwise a very interesting read.

That is a good book. Everyone should be taught the basic premise of that book, I think.

FlamingZword 04-26-2015 12:39 AM

Re: What are you reading currently?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1370945)
That is a good book. Everyone should be taught the basic premise of that book, I think.

Dear Brother, I know your advice is good, but lately I have begun to give up reading books by Trinitarians.

I believe that they do not have a right concept of God, so I find it hard to believe that they have all other concepts right, except for that one.

If a person starts the road in the wrong direction, then the further that person walks the more wrong that person becomes.

You see if a man is wrong in the fundamental of who God is, then he is bound to be wrong on other things too, for the first commandment is that God is one, and if a person is wrong right at the beginning then that person is quite bound to be wrong in the middle and at the end.

I try to be kind and understanding, but I just have a hard time swallowing the idea that we should be learning from Trinitarians, instead of them learning from us.

mfblume 04-26-2015 12:45 AM

Re: What are you reading currently?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingZword (Post 1370982)
Dear Brother, I know your advice is good, but lately I have begun to give up reading books by Trinitarians.

I believe that they do not have a right concept of God, so I find it hard to believe that they have all other concepts right, except for that one.

If a person starts the road in the wrong direction, then the further that person walks the more wrong that person becomes.

You see if a man is wrong in the fundamental of who God is, then he is bound to be wrong on other things too, for the first commandment is that God is one, and if a person is wrong right at the beginning then that person is quite bound to be wrong in the middle and at the end.

I try to be kind and understanding, but I just have a hard time swallowing the idea that we should be learning from Trinitarians, instead of them learning from us.

For what it's worth, I disagree with your thoughts here. Bear with me.

God can only show people what their hearts are open to hear. Folks who think they know about an issue will not seek God for understanding about it. But God will answer prayers they make for things they actually seek for. So I believe Bevere did hear from God. I know, as well, because after reading that book I saw where he had the exact same thought I received in my own studies about the sermon on the mount and Christ's words about a wise man building his house on a rock.

So, just because they're trinitarian does not mean God has not shown them other truths, in my opinion. I experienced it first hand with getting a revelation about Matt 7 and Bevere getting the exact same one!

I simply eat the meat and throw away the bones.

FlamingZword 04-26-2015 12:49 AM

Re: What are you reading currently?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1370984)
I simply eat the meat and throw away the bones.

Carefully you may choke on a small bone. :D

mfblume 04-26-2015 12:57 AM

Re: What are you reading currently?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingZword (Post 1370986)
Carefully you may choke on a small bone. :D

I am always praying for the Lord to deliver me from evil and make me always alert for the false fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. And always cautious of error.

Esaias 04-26-2015 11:10 PM

Re: What are you reading currently?
 
Prove all things, hold fast that which is good.

FlamingZword 04-27-2015 12:21 AM

Re: What are you reading currently?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1370984)
I simply eat the meat and throw away the bones.

I was thinking about this and a though occurred me, how do you know which is the meat and which are the bones?
What is the criteria that you use to distinguish meat from bones?

What if you make a mistake and eat a bone, thinking that it is a piece of meat?

Of course I know that by meat you mean good doctrine and by bones you mean bad doctrine.

It is precisely this issue that has me avoiding the Trinitarian writers, for what if I make a mistake and eat a bone thinking it was a great piece of New York steak?

mfblume 04-27-2015 10:41 AM

Re: What are you reading currently?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FlamingZword (Post 1371046)
I was thinking about this and a though occurred me, how do you know which is the meat and which are the bones?
What is the criteria that you use to distinguish meat from bones?

What if you make a mistake and eat a bone, thinking that it is a piece of meat?

Of course I know that by meat you mean good doctrine and by bones you mean bad doctrine.

It is precisely this issue that has me avoiding the Trinitarian writers, for what if I make a mistake and eat a bone thinking it was a great piece of New York steak?

Spiritual maturity solves the issue,. brother.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.