Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Prayer Closet (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Praying for Texas (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54394)

Amanah 02-18-2021 10:24 AM

Praying for Texas

Praying for Texas.

So happy to see PO and Esaias posting.

Keeping Texas in prayer.

Pressing-On 02-18-2021 12:13 PM

Re: Praying for Texas

Thank you, Amanha! One more cold night and we are done. :thumbsup

We cooked outside when the electricity was down. Just getting water in the house today. Have had all containers filled to flush the toilets throughout this unprecedented storm. Not sure if bathroom pipes have been damaged. Water is trickling today. Everything is still frozen, but beginning to thaw.

I was asleep in the living room one night when the lights came on, I made a beeline to the kitchen to make some coffee. I can tell you that the only thing Texas knows about ice and salt is a Margarita. True that! :heeheehee

n david 02-18-2021 01:43 PM

Would all those who were shut in without power and freezing were able to fly to Cancun like Ted Cruz.

Pressing-On 02-18-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1601455)
Would all those who were shut in without power and freezing were able to fly to Cancun like Ted Cruz.

He flew his girls there and flew home. Closet Democrat. :heeheehee

Did you want him to fly the helicopters to spray the wind turbines! Guess what? That isn’t his job to fix the infrastructure. :smack

n david 02-18-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 1601456)
He flew his girls there and flew home. Closet Democrat. :heeheehee

Nah. I’d call out a Dem on it so I’m not going to be a hypocrite when a Republican does it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 1601456)
Did you want him to fly the helicopters to spray the wind turbines! Guess what? That isn’t his job to fix the infrastructure. :smack

Doesn’t matter his job. It’s the optics of him jet setting off to Cancun while his constituents are literally dying. It’s why Presidents are careful what they do when there’s a national disaster or terror attack.

We all know Ted Cruz can do nothing wrong in your eyes.

Pressing-On 02-18-2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1601458)
Nah. I’d call out a Dem on it so I’m not going to be a hypocrite when a Republican does it.

Doesn’t matter his job. It’s the optics of him jet setting off to Cancun while his constituents are literally dying. It’s why Presidents are careful what they do when there’s a national disaster or terror attack.

We all know Ted Cruz can do nothing wrong in your eyes.

“Optics”. Love how you copied that term from the media - ad nauseam.

We need to grow up in this country. If he had a preplanned trip, he can take it. People are stupid if they think his staying here would have made the snow and ice go away.

There was a mayor who resigned and his wife got fired after he, as a citizen, asked people to grow up and take care of themselves.

We didn’t need or want anyone to help up try to find a way to have warm food or drink when we were frozen in. We didn’t need anyone to tell us how to get water to flush our toilets. We had to turn off our devices to save batteries so we could keep in touch with our children.

And I don’t need Ted to do anything save to stay in touch with the situation wherever he is. He doesn’t have to be in Houston to stay up to date while waiting.
Ranting on him because the media decided to make it an issue is also stupid and embarrassing. He worked hard to make the money he has. If others can’t afford it, too bad. Stop being jealous. Grow up.

MawMaw 02-18-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amanah (Post 1601451)
Praying for Texas.

So happy to see PO and Esaias posting.

Keeping Texas in prayer.

Amen! Been praying for them and all others who are dealing with the frozen tundras!! Even Mississippi was blanketed with ice and snow. Thankfully it did not reach into the southern most areas! But, it did get COLD!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 1601453)

We cooked outside when the electricity was down. Just getting water in the house today. Have had all containers filled to flush the toilets throughout this unprecedented storm. Not sure if bathroom pipes have been damaged. Water is trickling today. Everything is still frozen, but beginning to thaw.

I was asleep in the living room one night when the lights came on, I made a beeline to the kitchen to make some coffee. I can tell you that the only thing Texas knows about ice and salt is a Margarita. True that! :heeheehee

Praying there's no busted pipes!! I'd have been makin a beeline too! ;)

Esaias 02-18-2021 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pressing-On (Post 1601453)

We cooked outside when the electricity was down.

Whole chicken, quartered potatoes, quartered onions, chopped garlic, green beans, carrots in a cast iron dutch oven cooked over a campfire in the front yard. Country folk can survive. :)

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...1&d=1613691384

Pressing-On 02-18-2021 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1601461)
Whole chicken, quartered potatoes, quartered onions, chopped garlic, green beans, carrots in a cast iron dutch oven cooked over a campfire in the front yard. Country folk can survive. :)

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...1&d=1613691384

There is something fulfilling in survival. :highfive

Esaias 02-18-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n david (Post 1601455)

We didn't miss him at all.

:thumbsup