Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What is going on here? (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=52866)

1ofthechosen 10-17-2018 01:45 PM

Re: What is going on here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1551957)
Define "decent and in order".

It's self defined. If you have to ask yourself "is it ok if I do this will they throw me out of here for this?" (Oh and btw I'm talking about a Apostolic church here!) You should probably refrain. Because as I said earlier the Lord didn't make him do this, He chose to do this in so called worship to God. I am speaking about the diver, but the guy throwing the coat at the Pastor was out of line too. He's lucky those guys in that church don't have any reverence for their Pastor because he would at least been taken aside by someone in my church, and rebuked. If not worse...

Esaias 10-17-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen (Post 1551974)
It's self defined. If you have to ask yourself "is it ok if I do this will they throw me out of here for this?"

So decent and in order is determined by what's acceptable to the particular assembly, then? I don't think that's correct, because apparently what was acceptable to the church in Corinth was not decent and in order according to the apostle?

1ofthechosen 10-17-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaias (Post 1551982)
So decent and in order is determined by what's acceptable to the particular assembly, then? I don't think that's correct, because apparently what was acceptable to the church in Corinth was not decent and in order according to the apostle?

So if I had a pistol on me and lets just say I felt the Spirit real strong is it ok to bust 2 shots in the air? As long as it's in the name of Jesus?

Your ok with people doing the running man on the pulpit and a cannonball into the baptistry, so the 2 shots in the air has to be ok. I mean im worshipping the Lord in doing so...

Esaias 10-17-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen (Post 1551992)
So if I had a pistol on me and lets just say I felt the Spirit real strong is it ok to bust 2 shots in the air? As long as it's in the name of Jesus?

Your ok with people doing the running man on the pulpit and a cannonball into the baptistry, so the 2 shots in the air has to be ok. I mean im worshipping the Lord in doing so...

You must not be a native Texan.

Apostolic1ness 10-18-2018 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen (Post 1551974)
It's self defined. If you have to ask yourself "is it ok if I do this will they throw me out of here for this?" (Oh and btw I'm talking about a Apostolic church here!) You should probably refrain. Because as I said earlier the Lord didn't make him do this, He chose to do this in so called worship to God. I am speaking about the diver, but the guy throwing the coat at the Pastor was out of line too. He's lucky those guys in that church don't have any reverence for their Pastor because he would at least been taken aside by someone in my church, and rebuked. If not worse...

so whats the 'if not worse" part? that seems terribly out of order, dont you think. Does the Lord make any one do anything? Does he make you leap or clap your hands? The point is giving to God not being forced to give worship. If you have to be "moved on by the Holy Ghost" or God tell you to worship or praise then there is not a relationship there.

Michael The Disciple 10-18-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness (Post 1552028)
so whats the 'if not worse" part? that seems terribly out of order, dont you think. Does the Lord make any one do anything? Does he make you leap or clap your hands? The point is giving to God not being forced to give worship. If you have to be "moved on by the Holy Ghost" or God tell you to worship or praise then there is not a relationship there.

Very good:highfive

Altho I would say there are times...not always but times when the Spirit may completely take control of someone to do certain things.

1ofthechosen 10-18-2018 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness (Post 1552028)
so whats the 'if not worse" part? that seems terribly out of order, dont you think. Does the Lord make any one do anything? Does he make you leap or clap your hands? The point is giving to God not being forced to give worship. If you have to be at"moved on by the Holy Ghost" or God tell you to worship or praise then there is not a relationship there.

You missed the point. This isn't about giving worship or praise I am all for demonstrative worship, and God doesn't tell me to do it, I do it. But what I'm talking about is making a decision to do a high jump through the baptistry window and into the Baptismal tank. Or to climb on top of a sacred desk and do the Michael Jackson running man like Pewee Herman, or throw a jacket in the Pastors face.

Ok since decent and in order was challenged these things are unacceptable. Because for one they were all flesh. And my Bible says " So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." And the same book told me that "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." So you see we've showed many different examples of what people claim as Worship and praise, but does God see them that way is all that matters. I know He hates the "hey look at me I wanna be noticed" and is against it. Regardless of whatever that person claims to be praise and worship, if He doesn't accept it, you are just looking like a donkey in a church house...

I do agree with what your saying in the quote wholeheartedly. I just don't believe that's applicable to any of these situations though is what I'm saying.

aegsm76 10-18-2018 09:05 AM

One of the greatest Apostolic ministers alive today stopped his church from running the aisles on Sunday morning, for a time.
He believed that God spoke to him and told him that it was hindering their visitors from converting.
He did tell the church that they could save it and "party" on Sunday night!

votivesoul 10-19-2018 02:11 AM

I don't believe the issue is the fellow doing the running man. The issue is with any church leadership present having or not having discernment and the ability to address something if anything gets out of hand. Maybe he and they had a nice conversation afterward and it's all sorted out?

The guy in the video for all we know just got delivered from a drug addiction or God saved his life and he was, as a two-day old babe in Christ, didn't have any understanding of what is and is not appropriate. While we jump on it from our more "seasoned" position, maybe if someone had videos of all the dumb stuff we ever did that was out of order, especially as new converts, we'd wish no one would post it on a forum to talk about it?

houston 10-19-2018 05:20 AM

I didn’t do dumb stuff as a newcomer