Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Men's Ministry at My Home Church (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54435)

Bro Flame 04-12-2021 06:54 AM

Men's Ministry at My Home Church

I wanted to get on here and share with everyone the good things the Lord is doing with my home church. My Pastor (and new father-in-law) has been privileged enough to get to know the men that own this rehabilitation center for men getting off drugs. These guys are sent to many different churches, but my Pastor got it worked out where they come to my home church on Sunday nights and our sister work on Thursday nights. They come on different nights and special occasions (like last Wednesday when we had a brother from Florida preach for us), but those are their usual nights.

Like I said, these men (ranging in age from 16 to their 60s) have been sent to many different churches, teaching many different things. They've also had many people show up at their center preaching different doctrines in revival-type meetings. Many of these men have some church background, but many of them have none whatsoever.

On average, we have between six and eight men visit our church each service. The same four or five come every time, and they will usually bring along a friend that they had told about our church. Some of these men get involved, and some of them reject it.

Last Wednesday night, when the brother from Florida came up to preach, we had a young man make his way to the altar near the end of the brother's message. This young man had been to the alter several times before, but that night was different. He really allowed God to get ahold of him. He was delivered from spirits and oppressions, and the Lord filled him with the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking with other tongues. This young man was so excited. He could see the instant relief and joy that covered his face. He went around sharing his experience with the other men from the center, and he started praying for this younger guy that had came with him. It was a powerful, Spirit-filled evening.

I give God all the praise for what He is doing with our churches. He is using us to minister to these men, and we're gearing up for a women's outreach as well. God has been so good to us, and He's raising up ministers, teachers, and prayer warriors inside our churches.

God is good.

I just wanted to share.

coksiw 04-12-2021 10:18 AM

Re: Men's Ministry at My Home Church

Praise the Lord!

Bro Flame 04-12-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coksiw (Post 1602395)
Praise the Lord!

God is doing great things. We're anxiously awaiting to see what he has in store for us.

Nicodemus1968 04-14-2021 07:05 AM

That’s great! I love testimonies.

aegsm76 04-15-2021 09:11 AM

Excellent! Thank you for sharing!

Bro Flame 04-19-2021 10:22 AM

I'm glad that you all have been just as excited about this as we have been at my church. These men still come every Sunday, and God is still touching them.

Some of them that had came off and on took leaves, and a few of them relapsed. Keep them in your prayers. We're hoping some of them find their way back to the program, or our church preferably.

The men in my church had the phone numbers of these men are trying to keep in touch with them.

Bro Flame 06-16-2021 11:36 AM

The men are still coming every Sunday night. There's some newer, younger ones that are coming now. Some of them that had been coming have hit some stumbling blocks and they need prayer.

They need encouragement.

Thanks in advance.