Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Café Blog-a-bit (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Emma's Holy Answers (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=4203)

Timmy 05-30-2007 10:28 AM

Dear Emma,

How do you remain humble, when you are the holiest one on the entire forum? I am in awe.

Your humble, unholy admirer,

Timmy

Emma Bontrager 05-30-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 133396)
Dear Emma,

How do you remain humble, when you are the holiest one on the entire forum? I am in awe.

Your humble, unholy admirer,

Timmy

Thank you, Timmy, for recognizing truth when you see it. You too, can be humble just like me. And you should WANT to be. Everyone on this forum should want to be just like me and give up their ridiculous notions that fancy is somehow better. For example, the English on this list (that call themselves Apostolic) think they are something when they keep their kids out of secular college and get them to attend Bible school. What they don't realize is that we Amish only send our kids to school through 8th grade which makes us holier than anybody! All the Apostolic English are doing is comparing themselves amongst themselves and thinking they are wise.

So, Timmy, are you ready to give up your worldly ways?

Timmy 05-30-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Bontrager (Post 133403)
So, Timmy, are you ready to give up your worldly ways?

Alas, I am unworthy of the honor of giving up my worldly ways.

Emma Bontrager 05-30-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 133408)
Alas, I am unworthy of the honor of giving up my worldly ways.

Is that some sort of excuse? Just how holy are you anyway? And don't give me this "My wife doesn't cut her hair and wears dresses" stuff.

BoredOutOfMyMind 05-30-2007 10:44 AM

Emma, what advice do you offer to those here wanting to break the great chains that bind them to lurk even after logging off. How do we get [you] to stop posting on this forum?

:hmmm

Timmy 05-30-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Bontrager (Post 133411)
Is that some sort of excuse? Just how holy are you anyway? And don't give me this "My wife doesn't cut her hair and wears dresses" stuff.

Well, I don't own more than two computers. Oh, and we have a well and septic! Does that count? (Shamefully, I admit that the well pump is electric.)

Emma Bontrager 05-30-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind (Post 133428)
Emma, what advice do you offer to those here wanting to break the great chains that bind them to lurk even after logging off. How do we get [you] to stop posting on this forum?

:hmmm

Let me know who is lurking after logging off and I will think about it.

Emma Bontrager 05-30-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy (Post 133432)
Well, I don't own more than two computers. Oh, and we have a well and septic! Does that count? (Shamefully, I admit that the well pump is electric.)

Hmm. I must go for the time being. I will ponder this mystery and get back with you.

BoredOutOfMyMind 05-30-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Bontrager (Post 133445)
Let me know who is lurking after logging off and I will think about it.

Look at the Guests on the front page.

Hundreds every day who cannot get enough..... :drseuss

Emma Bontrager 05-30-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind (Post 133519)
Look at the Guests on the front page.

Hundreds every day who cannot get enough..... :drseuss

Ah yes, sorry for being a bit slow on that one. I, even I, have my moments.

Well, for the women, I would say start preaching against birth control and they will be way too busy to post too much.

For the men, I would day make them farm and they will be up with the birds and in the fields and barn all the time and killing themselves trying to make ends meet.

As for getting BOOMM to stop posting on this forum, I don't know the answer to that. :D


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.