Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Café Blog-a-bit (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Emma's Holy Answers (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=4203)

Emma Bontrager 05-31-2007 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trouvere (Post 135051)
Emma I would love to run away to Amish country but who would take care of my fifteen kids?:haloplug

Ach! Kids are no sweat here. Actually, you'd need them to help run the farm. ;) So, when are you coming?

Nahum 05-31-2007 10:16 AM

Hey Emma!

You're looking very plain!

What beauty tips can you offer the women of AFF?

Some of 'em really need all the help they can get.

Emma Bontrager 05-31-2007 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Poster (Post 135327)
Hey Emma!

You're looking very plain!

What beauty tips can you offer the women of AFF?

Some of 'em really need all the help they can get.

Of course I do! Might I point out that you are very smart to ask. ;)

First of all, stop wasting time with shavers, eyebrow pluckers, eyelash curlers, hair curlers, face cream, perfume and all that nonsense. Get rid of your ribbons, bows, gold buttons, fancy patterns and such. Learn to rely wholly on God for your beauty! Get out in the sun and outdoors!! Pull weeds and plant seeds!! Forget the exercise machines and clubs! Just get up at 5AM and work until late. Who needs to pay for that?? Don't waste your time or your money anymore. Get exercise by work and tan by sun. Don't show anymore beauty than that to anyone but your husband.

There you have it....plain and simple. ;)

Digging4Truth 05-31-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Bontrager (Post 132837)
Hello Ron,

The internet is very evil. Forums are okay as long as you only get them in email format. I use my neighbors computer and electricity, so it doesn't count. Are you finding fault with me? It's that old hobgoblin of consistency that you are trying to pigeonhole me with. Well, it won't work for somebody who thinks half naked women on internet is okay but half naked women on TV is wrong!

Oh Emma... this is a slippery slope. :)

philjones 05-31-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digging4Truth (Post 135624)

Don't worry about her, D4T... she and "her kind" have been sliding down this slope for years and seem no worse for the wear! Their holiness is contrived anyway... I have spoken to some who have walked away and OH the STORIES they told!

[you] walks away shaking their head slowly and sadly!

revrandy 05-31-2007 01:00 PM

I can't find anything "Holy" about the Amish??

What's up wit' Dat??

berkeley 05-31-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

she's going charismatic..

Emma Bontrager 06-01-2007 10:04 AM

Quote:

Take the mote out of your own eye, friend. When you start driving a horse and buggy, come and see me. :haloplug

Emma Bontrager 06-01-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philjones (Post 135625)
Don't worry about her, D4T... she and "her kind" have been sliding down this slope for years and seem no worse for the wear! Their holiness is contrived anyway... I have spoken to some who have walked away and OH the STORIES they told!

[you] walks away shaking their head slowly and sadly!

Yeah. Years ago, you Apostolic people didn't listen to the radio either. :club

Emma Bontrager 06-01-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berkeley (Post 135729)
she's going charismatic..

If I was going to be going anything it would be "going fancy" or "going English" which I am neither, thank you very much!