Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=54430)

Tithesmeister 04-08-2021 02:43 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602310)
No.

I believe Jesus is God.

Simple as that.

Brother,

Iím gonna let the Word do the preaching.

John.4

[15] Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Mark said this . . .

Mark.1

[1] The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

TGBTG 04-08-2021 02:52 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name
 
Nico,
Jesus (not Paul, John, Mark, sorry tithe master..lol) called himself the son of God many years after his resurrection. What do you make of that?

Nicodemus1968 04-08-2021 03:23 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TGBTG (Post 1602315)
Nico,
Jesus (not Paul, John, Mark, sorry tithe master..lol) called himself the son of God many years after his resurrection. What do you make of that?

Again, what does the son refer to?

I never said Jesus was never the son of God. The question asked was, is he currently the son of God.

Michael The Disciple 04-08-2021 03:32 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602310)
No.

I believe Jesus is God.

Simple as that.

So we might begin at this point to wonder who it is that has the "real" Holy Ghost.

Quote:

Brother,

Iím gonna let the Word do the preaching.

John.4

[15] Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
Is God "dwelling in him" like having the Holy Ghost?

Nicodemus1968 04-08-2021 03:33 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name
 
We all understand why we have the humanity of Jesus (son) on this earth. We all can amen that the humanity (son) was a sacrifice for our sins. The humanity (son) was the lamb of God to take away the sin of the world. Why, because Jesus said God is a SPIRIT, and a SPIRIT doesnít have flesh and bones, like after the humanity (son) resurrected had.


So, therefore God WAS manifested in the flesh.

Th question is, is God still manifested in the flesh?

Nicodemus1968 04-08-2021 03:34 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TGBTG (Post 1602315)
Nico,
Jesus (not Paul, John, Mark, sorry tithe master..lol) called himself the son of God many years after his resurrection. What do you make of that?

Who died on the cross, God or the Son?

TGBTG 04-08-2021 03:41 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602319)
Who died on the cross, God or the Son?

Acts20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

To your question- There is no ďGod or the sonĒ. They are the same.

TGBTG 04-08-2021 03:43 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602318)
We all understand why we have the humanity of Jesus (son) on this earth. We all can amen that the humanity (son) was a sacrifice for our sins. The humanity (son) was the lamb of God to take away the sin of the world. Why, because Jesus said God is a SPIRIT, and a SPIRIT doesnít have flesh and bones, like after the humanity (son) resurrected had.


So, therefore God WAS manifested in the flesh.

Th question is, is God still manifested in the flesh?

Yes, God is still manifested in flesh. Jesus literally called himself the son of God in the book of revelation. That would show that God is still manifested in flesh (albeit, now with a glorified body)

Originalist 04-08-2021 03:44 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602300)
Why would he be a man? The cross was completed, the humanity was the perfect sacrifice.

So the MAN Christ Jesus is not the one Mediator between God and man?

TGBTG 04-08-2021 03:48 PM

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tithesmeister (Post 1602302)
Allow me to make it simple, if I may. Yes or no question:


Do you believe Jesus is currently the Son of God?

It is not a complicated question. A one word answer will be best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 (Post 1602310)
No.

I believe Jesus is God.

Simple as that.

When did Jesus stop being the son of God?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.