Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The D.A.'s Office (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   The Remission is Different from Forgiveness Myth (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=18356)

Ev. Duane Williams 09-06-2008 06:35 PM

Re: The Remission is Different from Forgiveness My

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea (Post 584196)
Don't have to refute God's Word ... it is what it is ... not what you think it says.

Your baptismal regenerationist interpretation is not the only plausible one.

Still waiting to know why you quoted it. What does it mean to you, E.D.?

To me, it means just what it says.

Ev. Duane Williams 09-06-2008 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronharvey (Post 584197)
Frenzy? Is that what all this stuff on the floor is from?

Hand me the dust pan, I'll clean it up again....

Ron

I don't get it.

SDG 09-06-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ev. Duane Williams (Post 584205)
To me, it means just what it says.

Likewise.

ronharvey 09-06-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ev. Duane Williams (Post 584207)
I don't get it.

Noun 1. frenzy
frenzy - state of violent mental agitation
delirium, hysteria, craze, fury
nympholepsy - a frenzy of emotion; as for something unattainable
manic disorder, mania - a mood disorder; an affective disorder in which the victim tends to respond excessively and sometimes violently
epidemic hysertia, mass hysteria - a condition in which a large group of people exhibit the same state of violent mental agitation

Things tend to get scattered in a FRENZY.

A simple play with your choice of word. :thebunny

Ron

Steve Epley 09-06-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea (Post 583959)
Sir ... if l handed you a Spanish bible would you read it?

I can't teach your remission is different from forgiveness doctrine using a Spanish bible ... which I do use ... EVEN IF I TRIED TO ....

as for your attempt to dismiss the ability of thousands of bible students who have studied basic Greek terms and the unanimous consensus of theologians ... both expert and amateur ... including David Bernard and Daniel Segraves .... on a basic theological concept/word and it's meaning ...

shows your contempt and/or negligence for interpreting and rightly dividing the Word without bias ... and ultimately TRUTH, IMO.

Simply takes a Greek/English dictionary for this simple exercise, Elder ... not years of linguistic study.

I wonder if I can throw out this desperate barb next time you try to speak authoritatively about the Greek in regards to such words as kouros?

Just as I thought all of this the Greek and Hebrew says thus and thus and speak as though they are an authority and the man couldn't order lamb in a Greek resturant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does the Spanish Bible have to do with anything????
:whistle:whistle:whistle

SDG 09-06-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Epley (Post 584263)
Just as I thought all of this the Greek and Hebrew says thus and thus and speak as though they are an authority and the man couldn't order lamb in a Greek resturant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does the Spanish Bible have to do with anything????
:whistle:whistle:whistle

Spanish ... a whole lot ...

It doesn't use the word remission ... just forgiveness/pardon in all instances ....

I would not be able to prove that sins are remitted at baptism using the texts your use from KJV. This would apply in the Greek too ... see my earlier posts in this thread for Spanish verses.

Using your logic Bernard, Segraves or any other sound theologian that are not fluent in said language would not be able to do so either ... yet they all come to the same conclusion ... hmmm.

I'm sure Elder Bernard could order lamb in Korean.

.... Will archive this lame cop-out when you post words in Greek.

Steve Epley 09-06-2008 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea (Post 584265)
Spanish ... a whole lot ...

It doesn't use the word remission ... just forgiveness/pardon in all instances ....

I would not be able to prove that sins are remitted at baptism using the texts your use from KJV. This would apply in the Greek too ... see my earlier posts in this thread for Spanish verses.

Using your logic Bernard, Segraves or any other sound theologian that are not fluent in said language would be able to do so either ... yet they all come to the same conclusion ... hmmm.

I'm sure Elder Bernard could order lamb in Korean.

Will archive this lame cop-out when you post words in Greek.

I had a public debate with 2 Yahweh guys and here they was sending everyone to Hell that do not pronounce the name in ancient Hebrewand these 2 Yahoos could not order a bagel in a Jewish deli. It just tires me all this Greek this and that when in truth they just quote someone who also may not read or speak Greek.

SDG 09-06-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Epley (Post 584269)
I had a public debate with 2 Yahweh guys and here they was sending everyone to Hell that do not pronounce the name in ancient Hebrewand these 2 Yahoos could not order a bagel in a Jewish deli. It just tires me all this Greek this and that when in truth they just quote someone who also may not read or speak Greek.

And yet you do the same with the English KJV ... salvation hangs on your use of these two separate words that you have given distinct meanings when the apostles did not .... thus shutting the door on a whole segment of people because they don't speak Olde English ... Typical.

Sister Alvear 09-06-2008 08:30 PM

I can order lamb in portuguese...does that count?

in portuguese it says pardon and in spanish it says pardon howver some translations say remission...

I AM IN THE FAR BACKLANDS AND THIS INTERNET IS SLOW...SO i did not read the thread...

Sister Alvear 09-06-2008 08:32 PM

guess I am dumb is it not an interchangeable word?