Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   Fellowship Hall (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Repentance after a Prophetic Word (http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=50316)

houston 11-20-2016 12:16 AM

Re: Repentance after a Prophetic Word

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1456606)
I agree, too.

Calling you a "whore." Wow.

Did you report it?

Esaias 11-20-2016 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houston (Post 1456780)
Did you report it?

It's been handled.

Timmy 11-22-2016 08:27 AM

By the way, though Shazeep has come to my defense numerous times, his help is not needed and not welcome. Especially after recent posts. Whew.

Timmy 11-22-2016 08:32 AM

Meanwhile, I'd love to see some actual discussion of the issue at hand. Namely, how can one tell (if one can) that a purported word from God is actually from God?

And if merely asking that question is thought to be an attack on your faith, your faith isn't worth squat. IMO.

mfblume 11-22-2016 08:58 AM

The concern was never our faith but trying to make the bible look stupid.

But if that's not your intention as you seemingly claim, not sure though since you mentioned our faith, ... the way to tell a true prophet is to see if they direct you to genuinely serve God, and not themselves by the way, while succeeding in foretelling the future.

Timmy 11-22-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1456949)
The concern was never our faith but trying to make the bible look stupid.

But if that's not your intention as you seemingly claim, not sure though since you mentioned our faith, ... the way to tell a true prophet is to see if they direct you to genuinely serve God, and not themselves by the way, while succeeding in foretelling the future.

OK, thanks for responding. Please, let me make sure I understand your view, here. If I get anything wrong, I KNOW you'll correct me. Gently. :lol

First, a question, for clarification. To me, a prophet, in the context here at least, is someone who speaks what God literally tells him to speak. "Thus saith the Lord" applies. Is that also your understanding of the definition of "prophet"?

mfblume 11-23-2016 08:50 AM

Yes, it is, Timmy.

Timmy 11-23-2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1457027)
Yes, it is, Timmy.

Cool. Now, re: "... the way to tell a true prophet is to see if they direct you to genuinely serve God, and not themselves by the way, while succeeding in foretelling the future."

This implies that anyone purports to be a prophet, if he correctly foretells a future event, and if he directs you to serve God, then that proves he really is a true prophet. I.e., God revealed the future event to him, and nobody can pretend to be a prophet, get lucky or skillful in predictions, and direct people to serve God.

Is that your intention?

mfblume 11-23-2016 08:28 PM

Purports? lol

Timmy 11-24-2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 1457120)
Purports? lol

:blink