Apostolic Friends Forum

Apostolic Friends Forum (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/index.php)
-   The D.A.'s Office (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   The Remission is Different from Forgiveness Myth (https://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com/showthread.php?t=18356)

Felicity 09-07-2008 06:13 PM

Re: The Remission is Different from Forgiveness My

I've always believed that you MUST:

1. repent
2. be baptized in the name of Jesus
3. receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking in tongues

freeatlast 09-07-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felicity (Post 584620)

1. repent
3. receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost with the initial sign of speaking in tongues

or you are lost??

Felicity 09-07-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeatlast (Post 584622)
or you are lost??

We believe and teach exactly what Peter preached:

Repent
Be baptized in the name of Jesus
You SHALL receive the gift of the Holy Ghost

Always have. Always will.

Scott Hutchinson 09-07-2008 06:21 PM

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly but I know didn't Sister Felicity was rejoining the UPCI.

Sherri 09-07-2008 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felicity (Post 584620)

1. repent

I'm like Rhoni on this one.............I used to understand that you believed like we do. Saved and forgiven at repentance, then follow by baptism in Jesus' name and receiving the Holy Ghost. But not that people were lost without all three. Has going back into UPC changed the way you believe about this? I'm not trying to be caustic, just curious. I haven't had any communication with you for a while.

LUKE2447 09-07-2008 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfblume (Post 583854)
It is wrong to exclude baptism from salvation as much as it is wrong to say baptism forgives sins. Y'all are on two different erring extremes.

Wow, so uniting with the death/blood of Christ is not the appointed time in which our faith brings about the working of God and payment of the debt? The more I read this board the more insane it gets!

Rhoni 09-08-2008 05:05 AM

Sherri,

I always worry when someone goes back to UPCI after years of alienation from it. I did it for a time and found out that I had changed and UPCI had not. Felicity and I have had minimal contact since they returned to UPCI..it is like an all or nothing proposition. You gain their friendship back [to a point] and alienate the rest of your friends. It is like you can't tell who is and isn't your friends any more. I hope they are better to Felicity and her husband this time around. They are good people and I would hate to see them hurt again.

Blessings, Rhoni

SDG 09-08-2008 07:33 AM

Odd ... I don' see brother Curtis on the ministerial directory. I don't see sister Curtis listed either. TrulyBlessed is a scholar when it comes to one step doctrine ... I highly doubt he's become a full blown 3 stepper.

mizpeh 09-08-2008 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea (Post 584901)
Odd ... I don' see brother Curtis on the ministerial directory. I don't see sister Curtis listed either. TrulyBlessed is a scholar when it comes to one step doctrine ... I highly doubt he's become a full blown 3 stepper.

I don't think TB is divisive regarding when someone is forgiven of their sins.

Rhoni 09-08-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea (Post 584901)

Agreed!