View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Tongues, boundaries, rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSS1976 View Post
Yea I have yet to hear it done as it was on the day of pentecost,not to mention all the tongues from behind the pulpit...It clearly states not to speak in tongues unless someone understands what yo are saying and I have no idea what anyone says when they speak in tongues which goes against scripture specially in Acts when it was clearly understood by the onlookers..
that is NOT what it says. It says if there is no interpreter (someone with that gift).

It also does not say not to speak in tongues. It says speak to your self.

Now I must ask how does one know if there is no interpreter? If one reads the context it appears this church had people speaking in tongues left and right without interpretations or everyone was speaking before the interpretation, thus Paul limited tongues to 2-3. So then after speaking in tongues by 2-3 if no interpretation came rather than others speaking in tongues they were to speak to themselves.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.