View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Sister Alvear

Re: Sister A O Holmes

Sometimes there are sixty to a hundred people out there at a house-meeting, standing outside in front of a house, and don't have a chair to sit down on. Americans with padded pews in our churches and we find the least excuse so we can stay out of church. Saints, we had better be careful, we are going to have to stand in judgment with these people. The next night, we had church in the little town where they have rented a building. Then on Friday, we went to Brother Jose's town. He has a church there and they live in part of the church.
While we were going over there that day the Holy Ghost began to talk to me. The Lord said to me, "Endure hardness as a good soldier." Brother Joel had preached a sermon at home about Crucify the Flesh, bring that old man down, and crucify him. The Lord brought that to my mind. In other words, he was saying, "You can sleep where they sleep, and eat what they eat. I brought you here to sit where they sit." I said, "Oh God, help me to crucify the flesh."

And then the next thing the Lord gave me, "Eat your fat, drink your sweets, send a portion to whom noting has been provided for." I've read the scripture where Paul talked about the poor saints in Jerusalem. I was ignorant I had thought, Well that scripture doesn't mean anything to us; we have no poor saints in Jerusalem, like Paul had. That day in the van when the Lord said to me, "Send portions for whom nothing is prepared for." He said, "There are still some poor saints in Jerusalem." I thought, "Oh God, help me Lord," and the Holy Ghost would say, "nothing, for whom nothing is prepared." And he would say, "Nothing."
Even though we were all on the bus, it just seemed like it was just me and the Lord in that bus. And I said, "God, nothing? When you say nothing, it must not mean nothing!" The Spirit of the Lord would say, "NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING!"

Well, I didn't know until later what the Lord was talking about, but He showed me. We got there that Friday night. Saturday night we had church. Our Sunday morning service was eighteen miles away. They walk with five or so little children, and one they carried in their arms. They get up at 4 o'clock in the morning to walk to the first service. How many of you would miss Sunday School if you had to walk eighteen miles?

We rented a pickup truck to take me those eighteen miles. They thought I was too old to walk that far. I thought, "One time in my life, it is nice to be old." They got this man to take us those eighteen miles until we got to a little church. It was just packed, with people standing at the door. We had a beautiful service, with three people receiving the Holy Ghost.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear