View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 03:29 PM
Banned

Re: More over-reacting to the "Light Doctrine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Fair enough.

It just cracks me up when a guy like Lee Stoneking will claim that the prayers of Trinitarians have no power, even though those prayers are prayed in the name of Jesus. How can he say that with a straight face and still consider someone like Holy Ghost filled David Wilkerson whose prayers and ministry shook New York City? Furthermore, why did God choose Wilkerson for that task and not someone from the UPC? Yet, some in our movement would say Wilkerson is in hell right now even though he had repented, was baptized and filled with the Holy Ghost. To them, he is in hell tonight for the simple fact that God could not forgive him, all because a preacher who baptized him had an imperfect understanding of the proper words to say when baptizing. It matters not that God bore Wlikerson witness giving him the like precious gift that he gave those in Acts 2. It does not matter that Wilkerson was freed from the law of sin and death by the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. It does not matter that God sent him and equipped him to do a mighty work that has rarely been paralleled by anyone in the UPC.

No, God's salvation is so weak, that a mortal man can keep a sincere, repentant convert from receiving it simply by misunderstanding what constitutes a correct vocalization. Just think about that for a minute. Let that sink in. THAT is the weak, puny and pathetic salvation that many on this board believe and teach. The power in the name of Jesus is so weak that its effectiveness is depended upon it being said at the right place, at the right moment,by the right person. The blood of Calvary is so fragile that it's efficiency to pardon can be held back by the wrong words said over someone!

Thank God I have never been assimilated into that Borg. Resistance is not futile.
I completely understand.

That's one of the things about the institutional church I don't like. It's a system built to preserve itself; it's power, assets, and money. It's a business. And when you have a product, you have to claim that competing products are insufficient compared to your own.

If one honestly reviews Christian history they have to come to the realization that the Apostolic Pentecostal churches are the revival that the Reformers, Protestants, etc. prayed for.