Thread: Bott 2023
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Re: Bott 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Just offering my thoughts on the highlighted portion, judging from our past discussions we’re not going to agree on much. Not looking to debate or argue, just putting in my two cents.
Aw, there's always hope. Maybe. Perhaps.

Too hard to break up the paragraph below to respond (I know, I know, not debating or arguing)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
The past is not the past if it is still is present with you. I’m sorry to say this yet, many in the church still struggle heavily because there are issues in their past that they have not gotten victory over. Not to be funny, yet it’s more than just “I skinned my knee when I was 8”. I’m talking about sexual perversions, parental issues, etc. this will affect a child’s spirit heavily. They take that into adult hood, in the church or not and it affects them. We can blindly say, it’s under the blood, yet is it? If it was, why is it coming up?
You're right. Some folk don't leave the past in the past. God is able to heal. God is able to make us new if we allow Him to do so. That means we have to release the past, the hurts, and the trauma (however heinous or awful) and completely forgive those who have harmed us.

Cody Marks preached an incredible message I found on YouTube "Done with Doeg." It's a message about forgiveness. It's very convicting and everyone should listen to it. He talks about childhood hurt and trauma around 30:15 into the message.

The key is the person has to forgive and let it go. It's coming up because they haven't let it go.

What can a psychologist do that God cannot?

Understand my frame of mind is that I hate taking medicine or going to the doctor. If I get so much as a sniffle from a cold or plain allergies, my first instinct is to pray for healing, not to schedule a doctor's appointment. Most of the time, I have to go through sickness. Sadly, God isn't a genie who answers every request for healing, but I ask anyway. I'm not sure, if faced with a serious disease, what I would do. But I believe I would likely spend far more time in prayer with God than meeting with a doctor. Because my faith isn't in a man or medicine, my faith is in God. What can the doctor do that God cannot?

This is the underlying issue with this mental health propaganda. In my humble opinion, talking with a psychologist for 30 minutes or an hour is silently stating that there's more power and help in that short talk with the therapist than there is with God.

Either He's a "Wonderful Counselor" or He's not. Either He's a "Prince of Peace" or He's not.