View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

God Opened My Eyes

I really didn't know where to put this but here seemed like a good place.

I was apart of an Apostolic church for 25 years. Though that time I was faithful and followed all I was taught, desiring the sincere milk of the Word and growing in the faith.

After 25 years, I left. God opened my eyes.

I never really READ the bible. I was just confirming what was being said by my pastor and agreeing with it. In my 20th year God put me in a position where I was pretty much forced to READ the bible and when I started reading it, I started to realize that a lot of what I was told was just some man's opinion that you had to respect as a man of God to believe. I started doing my own biblical due diligence and I noticed that the church I was apart of wasn't the church in the bible. Sure we believed in the baptism and the Holy Ghost but that was it. It was more of a cult then anything else. The church I was in was using the apostolic doctrine to control people and that is NOT how it is in the bible. We say we believed in the Holy Ghost but we refused to let it work. That wasn't the only thing. There were a lot of things I realized after READING the bible that I was being essentially lied to about. Tithes Paying and Faith Healing being a couple of them. I'm not here to debate anyone, I'm just here to tell my testimony how God opened my eyes.

If you believe Jesus came here to be an example for us until his return then the Apostolic churches I know of are cults. Jesus let the Word do the job.

It's sad because the people in these churches mean right. They want to see Jesus in peace. But these "pastors" are so caught up with pride and have control issues that it is destroying people souls.

I couldn't waste my time anymore. God is too good.

I'm going to end here but if anyone has any questions for me feel free to ask. I still love Good and pray that one day we will all be on one accord, in one place.

Until then.... Keep me prayer.
Philippians 2:12 - ...Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

Ephesians 4:5 - One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism

1 Corinthians 1:10 - Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith ...