View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 11:17 AM
Not riding the train

Re: The Son Is Gods Self 1 Hr. Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
How about you interact with what I wrote about John 17:5 and demonstrate, if you can, how what I wrote is in error, and leave me and your beef with me out of it?

And just because I wrote that the Father and Son are different persons does not make me a Trinitarian. You have a limited, ideologically-based false dichotomy in your head about what I can and cannot be, or what I do and do not believe. And yet, you doing so does not make anything you claim or say about me, to be true, regardless of however you attempt justify your bearing false witness against me.

So perhaps you ought to concern yourself more with what the Lord thinks of you breaking of the ninth commandment and less with me as a person or admin here at AFF.
It is very simple.

One divine person exists even though linguistics forces Jesus to use plural pronouns.

Jesus identifies Himself as the indwelling agent. Because He cannot indwell us with His human form, He must do so by His Spirit. That is what forces Him into plural language as in John 14:13.

When we are describing the various modes of God’s existence, i.e., the Father and Son, we are also forced into plural pronouns. Again, in that existence and distinction “together” in one sentence, we must use plural pronouns. Often times we may say - they and them. However, it doesn’t cause us to commit to a Trinitarian view as two divine “persons”.

I would add a caveat, in that, I don’t believe everyone who says they are Trinitarian actually are, in the true sense of the definition. However, forgive me, when I read your posts, something feels off and I can’t shake it. I, of course, want to push back.

Because of Isaiah 9:6 being a basis of description, our view can only be a plurality of modes and never a plurality of “persons”.