View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Trinitarians That Baptize in Jesus' Name

Have you ever met any?

They won't agree with the Oneness message, but will say the Trinity defines the God of the Bible. They might see Jesus' Name baptism as the only Biblical method of water baptism, however, or they might at least be sympathetic to baptism using other methods outside the so-called Trinitarian formula.

I know the Assemblies of God took a stance against the Oneness message a century ago, but I have conversed online with a few AOG pastors that baptize their saints in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Some Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee) preachers, especially those that fall in that "old time Church of God" category, I know of baptized in the name of Jesus, or at the least, they weren't against it like most are now.

My Pastor's brother repented in a Southern Baptist church. My Pastor spoke with him and got him to see that baptism is performed correctly in the name of Jesus Christ. He was still baptized in his Southern Baptist church, however. The preacher there told the congregation something like, "Folks, we're going to do something a little different today. We're going to baptize Brother X in the name of Jesus like they did in Acts." There's been other people that's left their Baptist churches to come to ours. Several of them claim that their preachers had baptized them in the name of the Lord.

How about the rest of you? Have you ever come across any that affirm the Trinity, but baptize in the name of Jesus?
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Last edited by Bro Flame; 11-01-2019 at 08:37 AM.