View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarians That Baptize in Jesus' Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
Have you ever met any?

They won't agree with the Oneness message, but will say the Trinity defines the God of the Bible. They might see Jesus' Name baptism as the only Biblical method of water baptism, however, or they might at least be sympathetic to baptism using other methods outside the so-called Trinitarian formula.

I know the Assemblies of God took a stance against the Oneness message a century ago, but I have conversed online with a few AOG pastors that baptize their saints in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Some Church of God (Cleveland, Tennessee) preachers, especially those that fall in that "old time Church of God" category, I know of baptized in the name of Jesus, or at the least, they weren't against it like most are now.

How about the rest of you? Have you ever come across any that affirm the Trinity, but baptize in the name of Jesus?

None could ever be good enough without coming full on board. Oneness, baptism but then standards would be lacking, then they might not preach enough against specific things as this one or that one. UPC would probably be more tolerant these days of a trini preachers converting without all the nuances. Maybe some of our ultra's here could chime in as to what point they would welcome them as a "brother in Christ" with full fellowship.