View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 07:16 AM
You used to call me Michlow

Re: Why Do Muslims Accept The Testimony of One Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
I did not ask you to quote from Genesis or Revelation or from the writings of Paul that were gathered by Constantine and his followers to exempt you from God's laws of worship and sacrifice that were established at the beginning of recorded time.

Here is what I asked and it was simple and straight:

Name a passage where Jesus said "I am your saviour" or Jesus said "pray to me" or Jesus said "worship me" then explain why you teach these things that Jesus did not teach yet claim to teach them in his name?

Here is what I think: The reason that you did not is because you can not. I can randomly pull passages from your own bible where Jesus deferred to God, Jesus prayed to God, Jesus fasted, Jesus practiced God's laws, and Jesus never DARED to put himself on an equal with God, just as the Quran teaches, and the bible teaches, and Paul (and you) do not teach.

Jesus: I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus: And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

YOU: "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. No one but Jesus Christ fits these verses"

The Quran:

“And in their footsteps We sent Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah.

Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) those who rebel.”

Who is the false prophet? Jesus, who deferred to the One who sent Him and the Quran who declares he was sent with a Gospel and admonition to those who fear God (or) you who declare he was not "sent" (in direct contradiction to what Jesus himself said) but was actually God Himself?
John 14:6-7
New International Version (NIV)
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
“There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting.”

― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables