Thread: Paradigm Shift
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Re: Paradigm Shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaShaliach View Post
The Internet is the means by which all organizational "old-guard" leaders and their supporters to the point of being marginalize from the Christian faith. For those being released from the “old” constraints, it is a breath of liberty. To those who cling to the “old ways”, it is a vindication of the old values and evidence of the backsliding of significant number of Saints.

On-line forums such as this one stands at the forefront of the battle between religious leaders for the hearts, minds, and the personal and financial loyalty of their individual followers.

Twenty years ago the local pastor held supreme authority over “his” congregation. Only permitted questions were allowed to be brought up and discussed. The pastor would then render his decision and that was the end of the mater. Accept or reject. If one rejected the pastor’s edict(s), then it was the road (disfellowship) for the dissenter, for they were found to be guilty of rebellion, causing dissension, division, and/or controversy among the assembly.

Even today I have walked into a church and heard preaching against another church (of the same organization) within the same city. Where the church members were instructed not to visit or even speak to members of that other “backslidden” church where “all of the truth was not being preached”. If this were not sad enough, I have talked with some of these ministers on “preacher only forums”. I was very clear when I left the last one:

“If the Saints who attend your churches could see how you treat one another, the degree to which you cannot agree on the most basic of doctrines (what they are and how they should be applied), and what you really think of your congregations, the majority of these people would run from YOUR church!”
I think you nailed it!