View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Mama to four little angels.

Re: Jail house Christianity and Jesus Name People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
To tell you the truth my biggest influence is myself and God's word.

I do not have the authority to change the forumla God gave the Apostles.

They taught repentence,

They taught baptism

They taught on the baptism of Holy Spirit.

Really has nothing to do with my circle of influence--

The results rather speak for them selves though.
Elizabeth, there's no formula for dramatic change. Jesus is the only way some things can change. That's not a method, not a formula, not something a person can teach or learn. He's Jesus. My savior, my redeemer, the one who reached out to me and drew me tenderly, gently, to Himself, the one who has changed things within me and made me over as a new person.

He didn't point at a list and check things off as *I* did anything. *He* pursued me. *He* drew me. *He* changed me. *He* continues to lead me. All I've done is fall completely in love with Him. He's my precious savior, my sweet Jesus, my God almighty who will never leave me or forsake me no matter what I do. He's my magnificent redeemer, the one who has changed me and continues to change me. All of this has happened without being baptized (at least since coming back to church/God) or speaking in tongues (well...at least until the last few days...).

I've heard some of the most spectacular Jesus centered preaching from people who teach and live what you've listed above. It's not the list that does the changing. It's Jesus.

God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we're in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. ~Romans 3:24 from The Message