Thread: Coming around
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: Coming around

Quote:
Originally Posted by easter View Post
Friends I have searched for my place in the body of Christ.I believe in the gifts of the Spirit the baptism in the Holy Spirit and have been called a new ager on another forum. So i left.I've been in heated arguments here about the Rapture and the book of Revelation with Bro.Blume.After this I read the book of Revelation and you know the four horsemen have rode out.
I know the workings of the Holy Spirit and have seen his works in church services but can not believe that so many others call this new age or cultic teachings.
So if you will accept me here on your forum after the heated threads in the past,I'm willing to be good and see what I can learn from you all.I'm searching for my place in the body of Christ and I'm not willing to remain a Baptist and not going to call the workings of the Holy Spirit cultic teachings and I'm certainly not Catholic.I still believe in a Rapture and still differ from Bro.Blume on the book of Revelation but I will agree to disagree.I want more of God and by this I mean walk closer to him and not only do I want to be sealed by the Holy Spirit I want to be filled by the Holy Spirit and you understand this and you know that this is scripture and not a cultic teaching.
Hey, the Apostolic Umbrella is pretty broad.

We've got preterists and dispensationalists of various forms here; we have one-steppers and three-steppers and maybe two-steppers; we have oneness, twoness, and threeness when it comes to godhead gobbledy gook; we all have standards but they vary all over the map.

Our diversity reflects the Body of Christ.