View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 06:50 AM

What exactly is “The Gospel?”

The gospel of Jesus Christ, IMO, is primarily defined as “the good news of Jesus Christ, namely that He took on our sins when hung on the cross...”became the curse for us due to the sin (fall of man) that originated in the garden....defeated death by resurrecting.

However, is water baptism with the name Jesus Christ spoken/invoked over a disciple, and Holyghost receiving, evidenced by tongues, part of the gospel?
Or only the response to the gospel?

Or both?

Is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, just part of the gospel?

Is water baptism with the name of Jesus invoked and Holy Ghost in filling evidence by speaking in another language, gospel of Jesus Christ? (See attached photo)

Would/can it be defined as, along with the preaching of the cross and the resurrection, could be considered the full gospel while the preaching of the cross and resurrection are only part of the gospel?

Or is the baptism and Holy Ghost only to be defined as the answer/response to the gospel, defined as the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ

According to the scriptures.

I have heard it said That repentance, Jesus name baptism, Holy Ghost infilling is the gospel, (is the death, burial, and resurrection) because when Peter was given the keys of the kingdom, that is what he preached. This view shown in the below photo.

I once saw a preacher preach in a public park in a small city, to many onlookers, acts 238 repentance, water baptism in Jesus name, and the in filing of the Holy Ghost, without ever mentioning one time the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, nor his resurrection, is this acceptable?

I would like to read some thoughts you guys would have on this.

(I apologize ahead of time for any lack of clarity, the sloppy way i shared my thoughts with this opening post, I am lacking time to go through it for perfect clarity this morning, gotta head to work, but want to get the topic started)....

https://www.lovinggospel.com/Acts238.html

Attached Images
File Type: jpg E7FADCF1-4A6B-4A75-B45D-9168FB3DECE7.jpg (8.2 KB, 5 views)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 04-15-2020 at 07:30 AM.