View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

Re: The OT saints apparent disadvantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
The OT provided executions etc, for those that disobeyed the Law. This is opposite of NT Holy Ghost doctrine. They were flawed from the start with a big hammer hanging over their heads. The Law of the Spirit is a new thing. However, all mankind from whatever covenant they come from are saved by faith.
The law was a tutor to Christ, and shows us the deserved punishment for sin. The Spirit was preparing people for the coming of the Christ.

The righteousness of the Law is still something we should pursue after repentance.

Paul speaking, the same one that said we are under the law of the Spirit as you said:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (KJV) 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Jesus himself teaching those that heard his preaching of the Kingdom of God being at hand (pay attention to the last verse):
Matthew 5:17-20 (KJV) 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Last edited by coksiw; 05-03-2021 at 01:54 PM.