View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Jail house Christianity and Jesus Name People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
My brother, David, is ALJC and lives in Anderson, Indiana...his pastor is Elder Danny St. Clair. It's a fine church with a great pastor, and David, along with others assisting him have worked with the jail ministry twice a week for 15 years.

In the past year he has baptized nearly 200 souls, with many receiving the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

He and the church have earned the respect of the authorities, and they have given David the opportunity to more or less preach at will. Some of those who have been Spirit filled teach Bible studies during the week when David is not there.

David and my SIL take food in at different times, serving full meals at Christmas and Thanksgiving, and my SIL will every now and then send homemade cookies with David.

I am so happy at the way he is letting the Lord use him...
Awesome report!

We have been running from the mid thirties to low fifties in our Detention Center #3 services on Thursday nights over the last 4 years. We are baptizing around 60 to 70 a year. I have guys that do not miss a service. It's a church. Some on the inmates have bible studies going with other inmates and they have been given one night every two weeks to have a prison wide prayer meeting.Many have received the Holy Ghost and have been baptized in Jesus Name.

One week ago a guy came into the service at 15 minutes before it ended. Sat on the front row. As soon as the altar call had been given he came up and began to talk to one of the Brother's that shares the service duties with me. He was very depressed and upset. As Bro. Mike prayed for him the Spirit began to move and I came over in time to hear him speaking in tongues. I talked to him about being baptized and he said yes. We have to go to the front desk and wait for the inmates to come up so we can take them out onto the Sally Port where the tank is. As we where standing there the new guy was told he could use the phone to call his fiancee. I was amazed because that is not the usual way things are done. He got to call and tell her how to get minutes on her cell phone to be able to talk with him when he called. That was one of the reasons for his depression. After he was baptized he asked me if it was because of the water bring cold, I asked what he meant. He said that everything was glowing! He had told me on the way out that he had never felt anything like what he felt when we had prayed. Said it was from his head to his feet! Another young man that was baptized that night asked if I'd pray that he would fine favor in court. This was a week ago. Last night he told us that when he went to court that many of the charges where thrown out and he was given 15 more days, when he thought he'd be getting years.

I have just started a bible study at the Work Release Facility (DC2). The guys there are allowed to work a shift then they have to report back to prison. I had 5 attending last Tuesday night.

Please pray for these men and facilities.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln