View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Re: Benny Hinn Renounces Prosperity Gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Hinn is a master of manipulation and finding what the next trend will be. He made millions from prosperity, there's no way he's giving that up. He's just wording it differently and getting ahead of the others. Instead of giving an amount, he'll just say to give what the Holy Spirit says to give. He'll make millions more this way.

The youth group I was in growing up used to do a few car washes every summer for SFC. When they started doing them, they had a set amount on the signs. We didn't get many cars or make much money.

One year someone suggested doing away with the set amount and just accept donations of any amount. We had more traffic and made far more money than any previous car wash.

It's a mental game Hinn is playing. He hasn't rejected prosperity. He's just repackaging it.
Your observation is a valid one, and I tend to agree. After watching the video myself, I don't think he's necessarily expressing remorse for what he's done, but simply that he's going to do some else now. Or so he says.

His expression and tone, both of which can be misleading, didn't seem like he felt sorry or guilty for leading people astray and teaching them something against the Bible's teachings. He simply says he's going about stuff differently now, and tries to pass it off as a spiritual revelation.

I like how you said he's "repackaged" his message. That's a good way to word it. He sort of says prosperity is wrong, but he doesn't seem genuine. No shocker, though.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.