Thread: Killing EMO
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Re: Killing EMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
It seems to me that the ACLU or maybe even the people who are most concerned and affected by that Police Chief's decision should organize against such an infringement on the right of expression.

Laws across the country aimed at FORCING people to not drive with loud music were struck down by the Supreme Court, this law would be too.

America is the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.
Oh the people have had protests, but the few council people have spoken! They will probably get voted out next election.

Personally, I have learned that I have the freedom to look away or to even laugh at droopy pants....of which I find more amusing than offensive. Maybe it's because I worked in the medical field most of my life. Seen one...seen them all. Perhaps I am just a different person than most because I figure that if people who wear such clothing could really see how hilarious they look, they may just stop wearing them after a few people or a crowd laughs.

I think freedom is more important than laws and ordinances that ban things. Morality cannot be legislated...no matter what anybody says. This same town even bans certain shrubs one may grow in their front yard. So ... talk about a noose around the neck....