Thread: Brief Intro
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 07:57 AM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Re: Brief Intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
I managed to join some time ago, and then seemed to have login problems that essentially had me just say, "meh."

Then, the national Zeitgeist went sideways. So here I am, looking for at least a degree of cohesive expressions of faith, and the underpinning New Birth in Acts.

I am an entertainer, musician and writer. I'll not lay out my entire life here now, because this is a huge forum. Perhaps it will become relevant during a discussion. I only mention this at all, for the following reasons.

I have made, and maintained longtime conversant friendships relationships with names in the music business, who, may not agree with my worldviews or faith, but certainly ask me about it in the oddest of ways. The state of the world has even rock stars losing sleep. I'll not go into names, because it doesn't matter. I'm not a preacher. I'm barely holding it together myself. And yet, my phone rings, because they are as human as you and I, and Jesus died for them as well. In fact, I contend that God has given people like them an ability to sense how bad it really is. They've seen the entire world over and over and over. It isn't the same world now, and they know it. And I'm possibly the only Apostolic any of these people have known, which isn't saying much--I am just me.

But anyway. I look forward to the back and forth. Jesus is the entirety of why I am here. Drawing closer to him is my entire goal.
Welcome Ronnie!

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.