Thread: Timmy Talk
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Re: Timmy Talk

The following is copied from a current thread in Fellowship Hall. Name removed. My comment at end

<<Lake Of Fire Revelation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went to bed last night and before I fell asleep, I had this terrible thought come to mind about death and eternity.

So it is bad enough that the wicked will be banished to a literal lake of fire for an eternity.

But imagine you are wicked and cannot swim.

Imagine swallowing in gulps of liquid flame.

Imagine your body convulsing as you begin to choke on the liquid flame because you cannot swim.

Imagine flailing your arms tring to stay afloat in liquid flame.

Imagine your eyes opening and shutting as you try to get the liquid flame to not burn your eyes.

Is there a top, a surface to the lake of fire, where, if you can keep yourself afloat, you can breathe in air instead of flame?

What about when you are too tired stay afloat-- do you sink into lake of flame only to have your body violently convulse within the lake of flame?

Then I had the thought, if Heaven is real, then hell must be too-- and so must the lake of fire!

Terrifying thoughts!>>

Notice the most common verb above? Hint: It's "Imagine." In the absence of substantive evidence or experience, believers are forced to just imagine. Interesting how much imagining is ultimately informed by other men's prior imaginings. (It's only human I guess.) The heathen John Lennon also had his version of "Imagine", a song I hated when I was a Christian. His version probably will never really "happen" either, but it has a slightly better chance than imaginations of The Lake O' Far and heaven. People fear death, so they invent pleasant alternatives, (as well as punishment coercions for others) which have evolved across the centuries.

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.