View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Re: Trinitarians Who Baptize in Jesus Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Then Apostolics who don't understand their own doctrine well enough ought to be the first ones to shut up when it comes to trying to understand someone else's doctrine.

That's the very foundation of humility and sincerity, as opposed to arrogance and hypocrisy.
I agree with you on this. I also believe that is where the value of this forum comes into play. In any organization (or almost any) once the bylaws (or doctrine in this case) is established by the leadership, it becomes a matter of allegiance to the organization and the leadership. I think this may be why the church was supposed to have a plurality of elders, instead of a single, central leader, also known as a pastor. We become a sound bite Christian that parrots the words of the pastor, instead of digging out our own well.

I have attended for years, a Bible study that is a sort of round table, small group where everyone is encouraged to give an answer, not on every question, but at least be involved. In this type of study it is remarkable how many high-value answers that are given. Sometimes these answers come from the quietest and most introverted people. It helps me to understand the importance of the scripture where Paul instructs us on having church . . .

1Corinthians 14

[29] Let the prophets speak two or three, and let the other judge.
[30] If any thing be revealed to another that sitteth by, let the first hold his peace.

We don’t typically do this in our Apostolic churches.

Maybe we should.

I’m sorry, of course we should. It’s the Apostolic way.