View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

Re: Games, Books & Entertainment

While I readily admit video games can be a waste of time and they don't help your spiritual walk, they are not witchcraft. World of Warcraft is not witchcraft. I hope you all were being sarcastic.

I play video games from time to time. There is nothing inherently wrong or immoral about playing video games. It is a form of entertainment and just like any entertainment one can go overboard and spend/waste too much time doing it. Video games are no more harmful than TV. It has been proven that some of them are far more educational and beneficial than watching TV as well.

Some video games are inappropriate and have a vast amount of inappropriate material in them that can hinder you. Not all video games are created equal.

As for Fallout, I am fully aware of what fallout is and what it entails... it isn't my particular cup of tea.... If the blood and gore can be turned off I would definitely advise doing so... I would not say Fallout is inherently evil although there are some things in it that to be honest I would very much question if a parent should let their child play it.... (then again I'm not a parent so I cannot speak from that standpoint) the game has a mature rating for a reason other than blood and gore... I'm somewhat confident there is cursing in it.

As my youth pastor would say, you put garbage in what do you expect to come out?

If you feel this game could be a problem for you, by all means do not play it. Some people can get addicted to video games or can be adversely affected by content in said game hence people should err on the side of caution.

But, no I would not say video games are inherently evil.