View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Re: Thy Kingdom Came

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
If there is a "wrath to come" then it follows that some of His enemies will be destroyed, right?

Also, the context of 1 Cor 15 speaks of enemies being destroyed:

1 Corinthians 15:25-26 KJV
For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. [26] The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

I also notice that technically the term footstool does not appear in 1 Cor 15.

It seems a footstool is a place to rest the feet. Thus for Christ's enemies to be made His footstool means they are to be placed under His feet, which in turn means t
He is victorious over them. Either through reconciling them to become His servants, or destroying them if they refuse.

There is also this:

Joshua 10:24-26 KJV
And it came to pass, when they brought out those kings unto Joshua, that Joshua called for all the men of Israel, and said unto the captains of the men of war which went with him, Come near, put your feet upon the necks of these kings. And they came near, and put their feet upon the necks of them. [25] And Joshua said unto them, Fear not, nor be dismayed, be strong and of good courage: for thus shall the Lord do to all your enemies against whom ye fight. [26] And afterward Joshua smote them, and slew them, and hanged them on five trees: and they were hanging upon the trees until the evening.

1 Kings 5:2-3 KJV
And Solomon sent to Hiram, saying, [3] Thou knowest how that David my father could not build an house unto the name of the Lord his God for the wars which were about him on every side, until the Lord put them under the soles of his feet.

The idea of victory over enemies seems to be what is expressed in 1 Cor 15.
I do agree, that due to whatever circumstances and causes, those who refuse submission to Jesus as Lord in this life, have no hope of anything but everlasting destruction in the lake which burns with fire.

However, that comes after death. The way, at least to me, that Mike seemed to posit it, is that, because the last enemy to be destroyed is death, that Christ is currently subjugating and destroying other enemies first, prior to His final victory over death, as such, among the human population.

He can of course correct if I misread him, but if I did not misread him, then I think, as already stated, he is mistaken. All that needed to be done for all humans everywhere for all time to be saved, has been done. The only reason anyone misses out on eternal life is either volitional rebellion against God and His Word, or unlawful ignorance thereof.

Otherwise, whomsoever will. So, the recourse to destruction is only after any chance in this life to be saved is forfeited.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/