View Single Post
Old 08-13-2021, 05:13 AM
Administrator

Re: Thy Kingdom Came

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
As Esaias said, I got my thought from 1 Cor 15:25.

1 Cor 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

He rules until he has put all enemies under his feet, and sits until all enemies are under his feet. The putting of death under his feet is the destruction of death.

He is ruling for salvation as well! But the aspect of putting enemies under his feet is not the saving part, but the destroying part.
If the putting of enemies under his feet is not the saving part, what do you make of the several references I shared which prove the OT writers commonly understood the reference to the LORD's footstool as His temple?

Is it not more accurate to understand the footstool reference in Psalm 110:1 as the Lord Jesus taking enemies under His wing through the gospel, and making them members of His body, the temple of the Holy Spirit?

I just don't see Jesus destroying anyone until after they die and are judged.

"I came not to destroy, but to save."

The everlasting destruction of the wicked who obey not the gospel (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9) comes later, once they've already died, and are raised from the dead in the resurrection of shame and everlasting contempt (Daniel 12:2).

Is this not so? Do you see it differently?

Who are the enemies Jesus is subjugating under His feet, not to save, but to destroy? Can/Will you name them for us?

Aside from the Devil and other evil spirits, I don't see Jesus doing that to the people who He came to save. Not while they live, at least.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/