Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-05-2023, 11:19 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Have a blessed Passover!

It doesn't matter!

This is what I'm often told when I explain how Jesus' sacrifice was superimposed over the biblical Passover NOT the pagan Easter celebration.

Hour after hour he endured. He knew each brutal step before it happened because he KNEW the Passover Feast.

But I am told that... "It doesn't matter what you celebrate. We only care that he rose again."

He took so much pain and torture over these grueling hours. Yet so many go on in oblivion focused on the Easter egg hunt.

Please take a moment to embrace the Jewish-ness of Jesus and learn what he was willing to endure to rescue us.

Does it say... "By his 'Sunrise Service' we are healed... or by his lashes and stripes?"

Does it say... "The Joy of our Easter was upon him... or the chastisement of our peace?"

Does it say... "This is my Chocolate Candy given for many... or this is my body broken?"

Does it say... "He was glorified for our iniquity... or he was bruised?"

YES!!!... We will celebrate his resurrection in the end of the Sabbath as scripture says, but let us learn of his Passover first.

He fulfilled so much for us. Please don't allow an anti Jewish church persuade you to dismiss his Passover and show up in pastels for the ancient Pagan Easter.
Old 04-05-2023, 11:23 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Have a blessed Passover!

Approximately 2000 years ago, on what we would call a Tuesday night, Jesus ate the Passover a day early with His disciples. Towards the end of the meal, Jesus gave this ancient Feast greater meaning than we could have ever imagined. We are now implored to celebrate the Passover in remembrance of the death of Yeshua, our Passover Lamb, as He shed His blood for the remission of our sins.

When Jesus fulfilled Passover, he didn’t abolish Passover, rather he filled it up to overflowing with meaning and significance.

Let us therefore keep the Feast!!!

Exodus 12:13-14
13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.
14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

Matthew 26:26-29
26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29 But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

1 Corinthians 5:7-8
7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Here comes Peter Cottontail...
Hopping down the bunny trail....
Hippity hoppity Easter's on it's way.;

Old 04-06-2023, 12:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

There are three Passovers in scripture:

1. Christ's Passover. On Passover evening He instituted the bread and wine of the New Covenant Passover memorial. On Passover day He offered Himself as a sacrifice, and Judgment was placed on Him instead of His people, initiating their deliverance.

2. Egyptian Passover. On Passover evening the memorial sacrificial meal was instituted by Moses and the blood was applied to the doors of Israelite homes in Egypt. Judgment went through Egypt but passed over God's people. Passover day Israel began leaving Egypt.

3. Abrahamic Passover. On the 14th of Abib at evening Abraham was given bread and wine by Melchizedek the priest of God and was blessed by him. That night God promised a covenant with Abraham. That day (Passover day) Abraham made a sacrifice and as the day ended God ratified the covenant with him and his descendants.

The Covenant with Abraham, the Exodus from Egypt, and the Crucifixion of Messiah all occurred on the exact same day centuries apart. Keeping Passover memorializes Christ and the New Covenant as the fulfillment of the ABRAHAMIC COVENANT, and not just the Passover in Egypt. It connects the believer with Abraham through Christ:

Luke 1:54,54-55 KJV
[54] He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; [55] As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Luke 1:68-75 KJV
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, [69] And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; [70] As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: [71] That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; [72] To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; [73] The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, [74] That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, [75] In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

John 8:56 KJV
Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Galatians 3:7 KJV
Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 3:14 KJV
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Concerning the DATE:

Galatians 3:15-17 KJV
Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. [16] Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. [17] And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

Exodus 12:40-42 KJV
Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, was four hundred and thirty years. [41] And it came to pass at the end of the four hundred and thirty years, even the selfsame day it came to pass, that all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt. [42] It is a night to be much observed unto the Lord for bringing them out from the land of Egypt: this is that night of the Lord to be observed of all the children of Israel in their generations.

The Abrahamic Covenant was made 430 years prior the institution of the Sinaitic Covenant. Passover was 430 years TO THE DAY of the pilgrimage of Israel (as announced by God) in Genesis 15.

Passover goes back to Abraham. And when we consider the word "seasons" in Genesis 1 is the same word as Feasts and means "appointed times" it means the Divine Calendar was in place from the Beginning. Therefore, there is literally nothing "Jewish" about Passover. It is Christian, it is Abrahamic, it is Divine and stems from the Creation itself. Redemption was part of the Plan from the beginning!

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Last edited by Esaias; 04-06-2023 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:25 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Thank you Bro Esaias.
Old 04-06-2023, 12:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Thank you Bro Esaias.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf