Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-21-2021, 06:59 AM
Registered Member

Cross dressers in church

Curious if any here have had any experience on a cross dressing man visiting your local assembly?

What should our reaction be as he sits in the front of the church, and actively worships, raises hands etc, and then goes around introducing himself as Sister so and so, and gives the ladies of our church hugs?

I do live in California, so I am curious on what, if any experience any here may have had on this.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:24 AM
New User

Re: Cross dressers in church

There was a cross dresser posting here… anyway…

This sounds like a true story.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

Just covered the word “cross dresser” on a discussion about the new Miss Nevada fiasco.

The historical use of the word ( this according to Wikipedia) was linked to or often in conjunction with transvestite. I used this to show how there has to be distinguishing between the two genders in order for there to be a base to crossover from. IOW if there is no identity for female then there is no such thing as crossing over to what is “ established masculine characteristics “. The existence of cross dressing , presupposes there are 2 genders identifiable by there biological characteristics.
The word transvestite was used to define a mental illness.( see also gender dysphoria) This is an offense in modern America, so the choice of word has become transgender.

Sorry for totally ignoring the thread subject this far.

Teach the biblical truth as you would with any sin ( from the pulpit/ in love) you either will gain a soul or have a fight with the devil( depending on the individuals desire for deliverance) Be careful not to allow political correctness to take the reigns of the church leadership. There is too much chance other ( most likely younger) souls would be negatively affected by a lackadaisical approach.
The truth will set them free, if they are to be freed. The truth is also the best inoculation to protect others in the congregation from seed that might be planted in their hearts from a ministering spirit such as this.

Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee.
Teach on this subject in depth that the truth of Gods word will keep those who may be tempted in their hearts to justify this lifestyle.
Yes this must all be done in love , with long suffering and doctrine.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:31 AM
New User

Cast out the devil???
Old 07-21-2021, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james34 View Post
Just covered the word “cross dresser” on a discussion about the new Miss Nevada fiasco.

The historical use of the word ( this according to Wikipedia) was linked to or often in conjunction with transvestite. I used this to show how there has to be distinguishing between the two genders in order for there to be a base to crossover from. IOW if there is no identity for female then there is no such thing as crossing over to what is “ established masculine characteristics “. The existence of cross dressing , presupposes there are 2 genders identifiable by there biological characteristics.
The word transvestite was used to define a mental illness.( see also gender dysphoria) This is an offense in modern America, so the choice of word has become transgender.

Sorry for totally ignoring the thread subject this far.

Teach the biblical truth as you would with any sin ( from the pulpit/ in love) you either will gain a soul or have a fight with the devil( depending on the individuals desire for deliverance) Be careful not to allow political correctness to take the reigns of the church leadership. There is too much chance other ( most likely younger) souls would be negatively affected by a lackadaisical approach.
The truth will set them free, if they are to be freed. The truth is also the best inoculation to protect others in the congregation from seed that might be planted in their hearts from a ministering spirit such as this.

Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee.
Teach on this subject in depth that the truth of Gods word will keep those who may be tempted in their hearts to justify this lifestyle.
Yes this must all be done in love , with long suffering and doctrine.
Excellent post. I would add that in regards to hugging the women, not my wife or daughter. That’s me. I don’t allow it. Oh, and certainly not my sons either.

This may be a case where one of the elders of the church explain the situation to him.

And watch your children, closely. Just because someone goes to church, doesn’t mean they are not a predator. And boys aren’t exempt from men, or women. It’s a jungle out there, and all of the perverts aren’t necessarily in the gay choir from California.

Some are seeking and not necessarily the same thing you are.

And be aware that it may be a setup for a discrimination lawsuit, because it could be all about the Benjamins.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
It’s a jungle out there, and all of the perverts aren’t necessarily in the gay choir from California.
My father was telling me about this video when I was at his house last night. I watched just a little of it on YouTube just a few minutes ago, and I was baffled. The very first man saw on camera was very obviously filled with the devil. His smile and smirk was all evil.

Just a choir full of devils needing deliverance only God can provide.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

Used to preach in a church that was in the sex change capitol of the us. Had a doctor named Bybee who was good at it I guess.

They had one who would show up periodically, he was about half way there in his changing.

He never seemed to want to hug anyone, just stuck to shaking hands.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Cast out the devil???
Anyone who struggles with this abomination needs to understand that it is a spirit of perversion they are dealing with. But it is a spirit.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:09 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
Curious if any here have had any experience on a cross dressing man visiting your local assembly?

What should our reaction be as he sits in the front of the church, and actively worships, raises hands etc, and then goes around introducing himself as Sister so and so, and gives the ladies of our church hugs?

I do live in California, so I am curious on what, if any experience any here may have had on this.
Technically, cross dressers just wear women's clothes, it's the trans people that think they're the other sex. Haven't had any show up at church, but I've dealt with a few at work. It's painfully obvious that they're dudes. One of them I actually thought was a dude, until I saw the bottom half and he was wearing a skirt. Then again, maybe he was just a cross-dresser.

I don't go out of my way to insult them, but I also won't shy away from calling them what they are. A man is a man, a woman is a woman, and that's a hill I'm proverbially willing to die upon. Despite one of my coworkers twice telling me about my use of "pronouns". I just ignored him and kept stating the truth.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

It is complicated. Unless is obvious, or the person reveals the truth to me, I would follow along with the way they introduce themselves to me.

I have heard so many heart breaking stories. I have seen people sometimes that I can't tell by the appearance what in the world they are. I may offend them not for saying the truth but because their appearance is so confusing that I may insist in call them "her" when they are truly a "his" and they already told me so.

So, I would say, don't ask (unless the person is opening up to you), and go along with the way the present themselves as, but if you are told or knew the person before, or it is way too obvious, because of conscience, you then use the pronoun of what they really are.

I have heard of stories of trans that converted back saying that their parents calling them by the right pronoun was always a call back to the truth even if they didn't like it. It worked for good, and helped with their later repentance. However, you are not their parents, but that being said, they came to a church and they know what they are expecting.

You may need to talk to some people or read some books about these peoples. A lot of them were messed up by their parents themselves, rewarding their imitation of the opposite sex, and then encouraging the medical intervention.

Just a word of warning: some of those people may be false converts, looking for an opportunity to sue the church.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by coksiw; 07-21-2021 at 05:38 PM.