Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Renewed

Re: Your Predictions for the coming elections???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Scotty dude…listen to yourself….

huh???

You know what’s most interesting…it’s conservatives that choose to get their news from strictly conservative sources. Most liberals know both sides quite well.

Again, not true, (this is getting old) I myself take an hour or two a day scanning CNN and MSNBC and log in to news and info outlets on the internet from around the world.

I agree that is a factor. Not every idea the Democrats had was a good idea. That’s why even Democrats realized the need for sweeping welfare reform.
To dems. sweeping welfare reform means they want to reform the welfare system into something bigger and more costly...(ie;universal healthcare, example-bankrupt Romney world) Being from Arkansas I had Bill and Hill for 8 years, took us another 8 years and a supreme court ordered tax hike to pay for the mess.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

I predict that Obama will defeat Hillery, and defeat McCain for the presidency!

If Hillery defeats Obama, McCain will win!
Old 02-08-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post

i will hold my nose and vote for mccain, but i beleive he will defeat either one of the dems, please god, lol, dt
Old 02-08-2008, 01:00 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

I predict that the next president isn't going to be a godly one.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post

What about these super delegates? You know they have been talking about the fact that even if Obama wins with delegates that the super delegates can still go the other way because most of them have already pledged to Hillary. They are saying it could bring about a big back lash within the party. Of course Obama could enter the race as Dem. Independant. Worked for Lieberman.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
You base that on the flipping of a two headed quarter?

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
To dems. sweeping welfare reform means they want to reform the welfare system into something bigger and more costly...(ie;universal healthcare, example-bankrupt Romney world) Being from Arkansas I had Bill and Hill for 8 years, took us another 8 years and a supreme court ordered tax hike to pay for the mess.
Actually under Clinton we saw the most sweeping reforms of the welfare system to date.

Most of you guys are much uninformed regarding universal health care. Our current system is far more expensive than the universal systems. The US citizens pay on average 16% more on health care than any other nation…with worse results. Like our educational system our health care system is far behind most Western nations. Anyone who’s lived in Canada or Europe and moved to the US can attest to that. It’s been proven that while you may pay more taxes for the system…your premiums, deductibles, and co-pays would disappear. When this savings is compared to the taxes you’d pay, you’ll find that you will actually have more in pocket for spending than you do under this current system. The American system Hillary is proposing is essentially modeled after that found in France (France was rated #1 by the World Health Organization). This means that the American system would be a blending of public and private insurance. This will be targeted to relieve business and individuals. Reports from the business world in Canada reveal that Canadian businesses pay less in taxes than American business do with premiums and deductibles in the current system in America. Also America will do what every other Westernized nation does…negotiate the cost of prescription medications. This has given Canadian businesses an edge over American businesses in the market place. At present the numbers of the uninsured are rising in America with no indication that they will decrease. More and more businesses are finding that they cannot afford to insure their employees and so more and more cost is being shifted to the employee just to keep them covered with something. Millions of Americans are left behind and thousands die every year because they don’t have the coverage they need. Remember, while you may freak when you see how much more in taxes you might pay…you’ll be amazed at how much you save now that you don’t have inflated premiums, deductibles, and co-pays.

Also this will prevent abuse that is currently driving up YOUR health insurance premiums. ALL Americans will pay into the health care system. Right now I could choose to go without health insurance to save a buck. Then if I get sick or hurt I can go to the emergency room. Then I can refuse to pay the bill. Guess what…the hospital is going to charge you more to pay for me while I contribute NOTHING! At least in a universal system I’d pay something into the system to relieve over all costs. Not to mention I can have better preventative treatment reducing the high cost of treating an advanced illness. If all Americans receive care…shouldn’t all Americans pay into the system? Why should you pay higher premiums because I choose not to pay into the system and am unable to pay the bill?

Bro…it’s not the 1890’s anymore. You can’t give your doctor a gallon of milk for making a house call or providing services you need. Like it or not this is a new global economy and a national health care system is the way to go.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Have we ever had a "godly" President?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:28 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Have we ever had a "godly" President?
Yes, but he's been long dead.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes, but he's been long dead.
Lincoln?