Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-31-2007, 03:36 PM
Arphaxad's Avatar
Arphaxad Arphaxad is offline
Genesis 11:10


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,385
The Kingdom of God

You must be born of the water and spirit to enter, Jesus describes what it's like in parables, but what is the kingdom of God? Is it the church, or the milllenial reign, or the third heaven, or the new heaven and earth, or something else?
Daniel 2:44 says "and in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom....."
Revelation 11:15 says " .....the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord ......."
It appears to me that the kingdom of God is the millenial reign. But what about the people that are left after armegeddon, they won't be born again. They won't be citizens of God,s kingdom so they won't be entered in.
Romans 14:17 says "the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" but this describes how it is other than what it is.



ARPH
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-31-2007, 04:54 PM
crakjak's Avatar
crakjak crakjak is offline
crakjak


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: dallas area
Posts: 7,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
You must be born of the water and spirit to enter, Jesus describes what it's like in parables, but what is the kingdom of God? Is it the church, or the milllenial reign, or the third heaven, or the new heaven and earth, or something else?
Daniel 2:44 says "and in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom....."
Revelation 11:15 says " .....the kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord ......."
It appears to me that the kingdom of God is the millenial reign. But what about the people that are left after armegeddon, they won't be born again. They won't be citizens of God,s kingdom so they won't be entered in.
Romans 14:17 says "the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" but this describes how it is other than what it is.



ARPH
We should not confuse spiritual things with earthly things: Luke 17:20-21 (King James Version)



20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
__________________
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)


www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Arphaxad's Avatar
Arphaxad Arphaxad is offline
Genesis 11:10


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
We should not confuse spiritual things with earthly things: Luke 17:20-21 (King James Version)



20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
ah , yes, I was trying to find this passage, that would be the righteousness and peace and joy. I think the passage is referring to like the ones about the 2nd coming "noone knows the day or hour" or don't believe if someone says "it's here"or"it's there". It still seems to me that it is the millenial reign.


ARPH
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Bowas's Avatar
Bowas Bowas is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,241
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Is not meat and drink - It consists not in these outward and indifferent things. It neither particularly enjoins nor particularly forbids such.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Arphaxad's Avatar
Arphaxad Arphaxad is offline
Genesis 11:10


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Is not meat and drink - It consists not in these outward and indifferent things. It neither particularly enjoins nor particularly forbids such.
We won't need to eat and drink or have to think about any material things since we will be glorified, immortal. We will be able to eat if we want to. Jesus didn't have to eat after risen, but what better way to fellowship w/ mortals than w/ breaking of bread?


ARPH
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-31-2007, 06:54 PM
Bowas's Avatar
Bowas Bowas is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
We won't need to eat and drink or have to think about any material things since we will be glorified, immortal. We will be able to eat if we want to. Jesus didn't have to eat after risen, but what better way to fellowship w/ mortals than w/ breaking of bread?


ARPH
Actually I believe if you look at the verses mentioned above, you will find those that that have been "born again" (recieved the Holy Ghost)have been born into the Kingdom of God.
The Kingdom of God is not the physical and it is "within you" it is not over there, it is IN YOU!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Arphaxad's Avatar
Arphaxad Arphaxad is offline
Genesis 11:10


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
Actually I believe if you look at the verses mentioned above, you will find those that that have been "born again" (recieved the Holy Ghost)have been born into the Kingdom of God.
The Kingdom of God is not the physical and it is "within you" it is not over there, it is IN YOU!
yeah, when we are born again we recieve our citizenship, but we don't enter in until we come back w/ Jesus. The rightesousness peace joy in the Holy Spirit of the kingdom is within us, but we aren't in the kingdom yet. We're still looking through the glass darkly. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the Bible say we're "looking for another country "(kingdom) ?


ARPH
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Sam's Avatar
Sam Sam is offline
Jesus' Name Pentecostal


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: near Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 17,805
Colossians 1:13 says that we have been translated into the kingdom.

In my opinion the kingdom of God is the kingship of God. All who have submitted to Jesus as Lord and Sovereign are in that kingdom.

__________________
Sam also known as Jim Ellis

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-31-2007, 09:54 PM
mfblume's Avatar
mfblume mfblume is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Portage la Prairie, MB CANADA
Posts: 37,879
I definitely do not believe the Kingdom is the millennial reign. Neither Jesus nor the disciples ever said the Kingdom would come with observation, as the millennial reign teaching proposes. It does not come with observation, nor ever will. For that reason I reject the teaching of a millennial reign. It "carnalizes" the Kingdom into something physical, which is not corroborated in scripture.

We are in the kingdom now. But the reference to looking for a city is the idea that Heaven is our home. It is not physical, though.
__________________
...MY THOUGHTS, ANYWAY.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Sam's Avatar
Sam Sam is offline
Jesus' Name Pentecostal


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: near Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 17,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
...
We are in the kingdom now. But the reference to looking for a city is the idea that Heaven is our home. It is not physical, though.

Verse One:

Here among the shadows...[living] in a lonely land...
[With strangers] we're a band of pilgrims on the move....
Through dangers...burdened down with sorrows...
[And we're] shunned on every hand....
[But we are] looking for a city built above....

The Chorus:

Looking for a city......[yonder]...where we'll never die....
There the sainted millions....[we will] never say good by....
There we'll meet our Savior.....and our loved ones too....
Come...O Holy Spirit...all our hopes renew.....

Verse Two:

Here in disappointments...[often]..we so sadly roam..
[And earthly] friends no longer speak one word of love....
But truly...we have found contentment...
[Jesus] promised us a home....
[So we are] looking for a city built above....

Verse Three:

In this land of dangers..[we are] going here and there...
[We're simply] trusting in the blessed Savior's love...
And mercy, though we may be strangers.......
[Living] in this world of care....
[We're always] looking for a city built above....

The Chorus:

Looking for a city......yonder where we'll never die....
There the sainted millions....we will never say good by....
There we'll meet our Savior.....and our loved ones too....
Come...O Holy Spirit...all our hopes renew.....

Tag

Come O Holy Spirit....
All our hopes renew.....
__________________
Sam also known as Jim Ellis

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Kingdom of God And The OT. Scott Hutchinson Fellowship Hall 20 10-25-2007 07:16 PM
enlarging His Kingdom Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 0 08-13-2007 10:27 AM
Are you qualified to be in the Kingdom of God? philjones Fellowship Hall 38 07-02-2007 04:29 PM
Seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness Praxeas Deep Waters 7 05-05-2007 09:55 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by coksiw
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.