Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-28-2021, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Re: The Son Is Gods Self 1 Hr. Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
I am a free thinking 1st century oneness believer. Modern oneness is too close to trinitarianism.
So, your God as a single person is not powerful enough to manifest so fully as a man while remaining God, that it would have to be two persons, otherwise? Why could he not manifest so fully as a man and actually require interaction and first and second personal pronouns betwixt the manner of manifestation and still be one person?

You are indeed SEAN because SEAN always used the logical fallacy that you can call yourself oneness and actually be unitarian due to some strange reasoning that makes you CHOOSE to be called oneness.

(BTW, If you're not Sean, say, "I am not Sean," and not your usual distraction beyond that simple response.)

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 04-28-2021 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
So, your God as a single person is not powerful enough to manifest so fully as a man while remaining God, that it would have to be two persons, otherwise? Why could he not manifest so fully as a man and actually require interaction and first and second personal pronouns betwixt the manner of manifestation and still be one person?

You are indeed SEAN because SEAN always used the logical fallacy that you can call yourself oneness and actually be unitarian due to some strange reasoning that makes you CHOOSE to be called oneness.

(BTW, If you're not Sean, say, "I am not Sean," and not your usual distraction beyond that simple response.)
I am not "Sean", but Rene. God can do anything, but did not become a tiny cell. The RCC says God became a man, ignoring the man's origin. Early oneness pioneers agreed. They did not have the wherewithal to rethink whether or not the RCC was right about God becoming a man. They only bought it and modified it. They too think God became a man, which is not scriptural, but man made. The theme of the N.T. is not God becoming man, but God making a man and revealing His invisible self through that man. This man also is an individual with a God as we speak. So, Thomas was the to first to understand Jesus as God of all the Apostles, including Peter. Thomas first exclaimed Jesus as God AFTER he was resurrected from the dead by his God. Original, 1st century oneness taught God fully indwelling INSIDE the resurrected man, Christ Jesus(unification), inside us. Modern oneness, an offshoot of the RCC, teaches God IS Christ, inside us. This was the actual teaching by Paul...For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; So Christ is God by default. Calling oneself oneness does not make one Biblical oneness. Also, the Spirit God has never had an RCC invented human nature, nor will he ever have one.

Last edited by 1 God; 04-28-2021 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:40 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
He was quoting Psalm 22:1, which is the way people titled songs back then (by the first line) and also how different sections of Scripture were titled (by the first line of the section).

He wasn't forsaken, He was announcing the fulfillment of Psalm 22 which is all about the death of Messiah. He was telling them prophecy was being fulfilled right in front of them:

Psalm 22:1-31 KJV
My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? [2] O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. [3] But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. [4] Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. [5] They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded. [6] But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. [7] All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, [8] He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. [9] But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. [10] I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly. [11] Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. [12] Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. [13] They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. [14] I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. [15] My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. [16] For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. [17] I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. [18] They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. [19] But be not thou far from me, O Lord : O my strength, haste thee to help me. [20] Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog. [21] Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns. [22] I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. [23] Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. [24] For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard. [25] My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him. [26] The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever. [27] All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord : and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. [28] For the kingdom is the Lord's : and he is the governor among the nations. [29] All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul. [30] A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. [31] They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

He was not forsaken:

John 16:31-33 KJV
Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe? [32] Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. [33] These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

He knew that during His Passion He would be forsaken by His disciples, but not by God.

Isaiah 53:10-11 KJV
Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. [11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

God saw the travail of Christ during His Passion and was "satisfied" ie pleased with the fact that the Mission was accomplished.

When David penned Psalm 22 partly as a lament, asking God why He had forsaken him, was David in fact forsaken by God? No, rather as is abundantly clear throughout the Psalms, when God's people appear to be subdued or defeated by their enemies, they assert God had forsaken them ie given them over to the power of the enemy. It is not that God has dumped them or abandoned them, but that He has allowed their enemies a (temporary) victory.

Which is what happened at Calvary. God allowed the wicked to crucify the Saviour, a temporary victory on their part, but it was in fact God's mechanism for victory as proven by the resurrection and as declared by the Psalm.

The idea that God had abandoned Christ, or that Christ "for the first time felt the Father leave Him", or that God had to "turn away from His Son because of all the sin of the world being put on Christ", and other such things, are antichrist heresies born out of the Talmud and the fevered imaginations of trinitarian schizotheists, and not from Scripture.
Great post, Esaias!!!
Old 04-28-2021, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I am not "Sean", but Rene. God can do anything, but did not become a tiny cell.
Why the same IP address?

Quote:
The RCC says God became a man,
We're not dealing with the RCC. And no one here beleives GOD became anything. Straw man.

Quote:

ignoring the man's origin. Early oneness pioneers agreed. They did not have the wherewithal to rethink whether or not the RCC was right about God becoming a man. They only bought it and modified it. They too think God became a man, which is not scriptural, but man made.
Repetition of strawman.

Quote:
The theme of the N.T. is not God becoming man,
Strawman. No one said that the theme of the NT is God becoming a man.

Quote:
but God making a man and revealing His invisible self through that man.
God was manifest in flesh. His person added human nature to himself, which is not GOD becoming man. God refers to deity, showing that you have several problems... you think Catholic is Roman Catholic. You think oneness is not CHrist with human and divine nature as the single person of God. You confuse "person" with nature. And you refuse to call yourself Sean as you did before.

Quote:
This man also is an individual with a God as we speak. So, Thomas was the to first to understand Jesus as God of all the Apostles, including Peter. Thomas first exclaimed Jesus as God AFTER he was resurrected from the dead by his God. Original, 1st century oneness taught God fully indwelling INSIDE the resurrected man, Christ Jesus(unification), inside us. Modern oneness, an offshoot of the RCC, teaches God IS Christ, inside us.
Oneness is not an offshoot of the RCC, more error..

Quote:
This was the actual teaching by Paul...For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; So Christ is God by default. Calling oneself oneness does not make one Biblical oneness. Also, the Spirit God has never had an RCC invented human nature, nor will he ever have one.
Paul distinguished the MAN Christ Jesus from His deity. Otherwise, he would not have stated the MAN Christ Jesus if Jesus was already known as man alone.

Paul distinguished the same point in speaking of the days of Jesus IN HIS FLESH from other existence.

RCC never invented anything about human nature and divine nature in Jesus.

You are not oneness nor are you "original oneness." You're making up terms. Why do you insist on retaining the word ONENESS?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 04-28-2021, 04:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why the same IP address?

We're not dealing with the RCC. And no one here beleives GOD became anything. Straw man.

Repetition of strawman.

Strawman. No one said that the theme of the NT is God becoming a man.

God was manifest in flesh. His person added human nature to himself, which is not GOD becoming man. God refers to deity, showing that you have several problems... you think Catholic is Roman Catholic. You think oneness is not CHrist with human and divine nature as the single person of God. You confuse "person" with nature. And you refuse to call yourself Sean as you did before.

Oneness is not an offshoot of the RCC, more error..

Paul distinguished the MAN Christ Jesus from His deity. Otherwise, he would not have stated the MAN Christ Jesus if Jesus was already known as man alone.

Paul distinguished the same point in speaking of the days of Jesus IN HIS FLESH from other existence.

RCC never invented anything about human nature and divine nature in Jesus.

You are not oneness nor are you "original oneness." You're making up terms. Why do you insist on retaining the word ONENESS?
Because the true oneness is God inside Jesus, making them one as John 17 states. Modern oneness has made them one entity, which debunks the entire book of John and many other verses which state that they are 2 entities. How do you think a husband and wife are made 1? I think you know, and the way God and Jesus are one is also a great mystery...God inside Jesus...a Divine Spirit inside a human spirit. The modern oneness essentially teaches God inside Himself(Divinity inside His own human nature). One question for you sir. How much humanity(human nature) is in God right now? 100%? 50%? or is it attached to His outer being? Is it melded into His being in some way for the last 2000 years? Please associate a scripture with your answer. Thank you.

Last edited by 1 God; 04-28-2021 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Because the true oneness is God inside Jesus, making them one as John 17 states. Modern oneness has made them one entity, which debunks the entire book of John and many other verses which state that they are 2 entities. How do you think a husband and wife are made 1? I think you know, and the way God and Jesus are one is also a great mystery...God inside Jesus...a Divine Spirit inside a human spirit. The modern oneness essentially teaches God inside Himself(Divinity inside His own human nature). One question for you sir. How much humanity(human nature) is in God right now? 100%? 50%? or is it attached to His outer being? Is it melded into His being in some way for the last 2000 years? Please associate a scripture with your answer. Thank you.
No humanity is in God. See? You don't even understand oneness properly to discuss it. And you're making strawmen as a result. There's no Humanity in God.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Nada!

Where do you get this outer being?

The humanity was born of a women, the spirit was never born of a human.

Why would God have human nature in a spiritual dimension?
Old 04-28-2021, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Nada!

Where do you get this outer being?

The humanity was born of a women, the spirit was never born of a human.

Why would God have human nature in a spiritual dimension?
God has no human nature. The RCC fabricated that. Folks believe the RCC for some reason. Jesus was not "God's humanity", but God's begotten son.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
No humanity is in God. See? You don't even understand oneness properly to discuss it. And you're making strawmen as a result. There's no Humanity in God.
Then why do we teach "God's human nature" AKA, the man Christ Jesus?...

The Dual Nature of Christ - Institute for Biblical Studieshttps://onenesspentecostal.com › dualnature
JasonDulle@yahoo.com ... In the incarnation then, both the divine nature and human nature fused into one new nature. ... When God assumed a human existence, the deity and humanity of Christ became forever inseparable, joined in a ...
Old 04-29-2021, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Going back to the start....

No, why would that imply God the Son?? Lol.

God was not born. Humanity that God Manifested in was Born. Simple.
I asked that not because I believe your belief is in that direction. I asked that because others on here believe the humanity, was God.