Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 03-23-2022, 08:26 PM
A Student of the Word

Long Lost Member

It has been seven years since I last visited this forum. Mercy! I feel like a "new member". Sorry kids, but not only has it been a long time, much has transpired in both my personal and spiritual life.

I am not sure what my reception here will be, but I left with a number of friends and nice acquaintances. Hope some of them are still aground!

I don't remember what all I have posted in the past, so I might be guilty of repeating myself. The article on the Commandments of God article: Deleted it from my files. It required a lot of rework (editing, spelling, grammar, and subject matter, etc.) I might attempt a rewrite, or just leave it in the trash can. Started a new study on the Commandments of Jesus. It includes references to the O.T. commandments.

I will have to spend some time going through the various threads to see how everything is developing, and to see if there is anything I might like to comment on.

Well, that is enough for tonight.
Old 03-24-2022, 08:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Long Lost Member

The Commands of Jesus:

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...ad.php?t=42973

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-24-2022, 08:50 PM
A Student of the Word

LOL I forgot that I had already posted on this subject on this forum! Thank you. I thought I posted this on another forum. I have since rewritten it.

I think i will post the new part and see how it goes.

Last edited by A.W. Bowman; 03-24-2022 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2022, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.W. Bowman View Post
It has been seven years since I last visited this forum. Mercy! I feel like a "new member". Sorry kids, but not only has it been a long time, much has transpired in both my personal and spiritual life.

I am not sure what my reception here will be, but I left with a number of friends and nice acquaintances. Hope some of them are still aground!

I don't remember what all I have posted in the past, so I might be guilty of repeating myself. The article on the Commandments of God article: Deleted it from my files. It required a lot of rework (editing, spelling, grammar, and subject matter, etc.) I might attempt a rewrite, or just leave it in the trash can. Started a new study on the Commandments of Jesus. It includes references to the O.T. commandments.

I will have to spend some time going through the various threads to see how everything is developing, and to see if there is anything I might like to comment on.

Well, that is enough for tonight.
Welcome back. Mind sharing what as transpired?
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 03-27-2022, 02:49 PM
A Student of the Word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
Welcome back. Mind sharing what as transpired?
Since you asked.

First off, over the past few years I have moved three times. Change states and changed cities in the new state of Texas, back where I spent a lot of my childhood with members of my family. As most everyone recognizes moving is not a simple project to undertake. During this period, I also lost two wives to serious illnesses. It has been really difficult to keep everything together under these circumstances.

Also during this period I have attended a number of churches, including three "black churches". I have preached/taught in two of those churches. I have also essentially retired several years ago. Now that I am 83 years old, our Lord spoke to me in said,"who told you to retire?" So, about six months ago I started studying again and reworking some of the teachings that I have taught in the past.

So, here I am again visiting some old online forums to see if there is anything that I might contribute. That is the short version of what's been going on since I left Apostolic Friends.

Last edited by A.W. Bowman; 03-27-2022 at 03:24 PM.