Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-29-2022, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Autism or possession

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Who is the missionary to the Marshall Islands? Is he independent or UPCI?
How long ago was he there before the islands received medicine?

There is an apostolic Marshallese church nearby that I’ve been wanting to visit. I’d like to verify if people used to get healed all the time in the islands. They may not know the missionary, but they may know someone who does. They are a close knit community, if I’ve ever seen one.
I'll tell you the same thing as I told Benincasa, call the elder and he'll tell you the name and everything.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:37 PM
Covenant Apostolic

This is how I see it.

It's the preacher's job to go everywhere preaching the gospel. God will confirm His word as he wills. We don't have to wonder and fret over defining people's ailments because whether it is spiritual or physical God will take care of it according to His will.

Mark 16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Last edited by Amanah; 03-29-2022 at 04:45 PM.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
How exactly do you encourage prayer first? Do people call you when they have a headache? Or is it a teaching within your congregation? You make it known that no one in your family does any sort of medication, or go to the hospital, or go to a family physician. You see, within a religious paradigm individuals actually don't get to do what they want to do. Because it is preached against, it's taught through church doctrines. If the church elder believes a certain way, and that certain way is that prayer should be sought in every situation, including a headache. Well then people might think twice about making their health care known to the congregation, especially to the pastor. Or forgo treatment because they (through misunderstanding) think they would be sinning by taking the aspirin. I mean, think about it, how long should someone pray before taking an aspirin? I believe you would say, there is no allotted amount of time. Jesus will heal everything, from Brother Foofoofnick's having a heart attack in the middle of the sanctuary, to MeeMaw taking some aspirin to deal with her arthritis. I believe in the miraculous, but I also don't see any Bible to refrain from medical treatment.
That's interesting, especially the way you rallied against the vaccine. You want to remind us how much you're ok with medical treatment.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:04 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
That's interesting, especially the way you rallied against the vaccine. You want to remind us how much you're ok with medical treatment.
He has to be against medical treatment because he is anti vax?
Old 03-29-2022, 08:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Nick, looks like with all my posting concerning COVID 19, you actually never read anything I said on the issue. If you did you would then know where I stand. But, again, you still aren't dealing with any of the scriptures I posted. Why does the Apostle give the young evangelist health advice concerning stomach issues? What do you do with Jesus telling His followers that sick people need doctors? You have a problem with an aspirin? taking an aspirin, or drinking electrolytes to get rid of a headache will not stop the move of the Holy Ghost.
Old 03-29-2022, 08:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
He has to be against medical treatment because he is anti vax?
Nick doesn't know what I believe concerning the vaccine. He knows that I was posting about it, but hadn't the foggiest idea what I was posting.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Talking Re: Autism or possession

Quote:
Just like that.

An open door in sin.

Ephesians 4:27 (open door)
Neither give place to the devil.

Acts 5:3 (lying)
3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

How did he fill their heart to lie?

Matthew 18:34 (unforgiveness)
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

Who are the tormentors?

ISamuel 19:9 (Rebellion)
9 And the evil spirit from the LORD was upon Saul, as he sat in his house with his javelin in his hand: and David played with his hand.

Sent from God. Would you agree a tormenting spirit from God was sent to Saul because of the rebellion he chose rather than obedience? Saul was judged with a tormenting spirit.

Matthew 12:43-45
43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

The only rest a demon has is by dwelling (possessing) in an individual.

How does a demon know to go and get seven other spirits? Where did Jesus get this information?

Do YOU believe this still happens today?

John 10:10
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The devil and his minions are constantly on the move to steal, kill, and destroy. Even in the trial of Job satan had the authority to attack his body. A spirit caused boils, yet because he never charged God foolishly he never opened himself to be completely taken, oppressed yes, yet never possessed.

Ephesians 6:11
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Is this verse saying that the only way we can stand against the deceit of the devil is to have the armor of God on? How does sinners contend then?
Brother Nicodemus,

It is interesting to me that you invoke Job. I was thinking of the similarities between what you are saying about autism and what Job’s friends were saying about his many afflictions.

Job’s friends: If you had not sinned God would not allow these horrible things to happen to you.

God:[8] And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Nicodemus to young man with autism: Either you have sinned or your parents. Otherwise you wouldn’t be afflicted with autism.

John.9

[1] And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.
[2] And NICODEMUS* asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
[3] Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents:

*I substituted Nicodemus for the disciples, to make a point.

Brother,

You really need to face the possibility that you are wrong. I know it’s a long shot but . . .

And I’m really not wanting to “pile on” but it really is pretty ridiculous.

I have two simple questions for you. Please shock us all and give us an honest answer.

1: Have you ever sinned?

2: Do your children have autism?

3: Why or why not? (Bonus question)

Because:

Acts.10

[34] Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Don’t you think if the parents sinned, therefore their children are autistic, that your children would also be autistic? (I’m going way out on a limb here and ASSUMING that you have sinned. Please forgive me if that’s not the case. If it isn’t we should probably lay hands on you and rebuke the lying spirit in you.)

Did you see what I did there?

I made it a spiritual thing. Because I know you like spiritual things.
Old 03-29-2022, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Just like that.

An open door in sin.

Ephesians 4:27 (open door)
Neither give place to the devil.

Acts 5:3 (lying)
3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

How did he fill their heart to lie?

Matthew 18:34 (unforgiveness)
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

Who are the tormentors?

ISamuel 19:9 (Rebellion)
9 And the evil spirit from the LORD was upon Saul, as he sat in his house with his javelin in his hand: and David played with his hand.

Sent from God. Would you agree a tormenting spirit from God was sent to Saul because of the rebellion he chose rather than obedience? Saul was judged with a tormenting spirit.

Matthew 12:43-45
43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

The only rest a demon has is by dwelling (possessing) in an individual.

How does a demon know to go and get seven other spirits? Where did Jesus get this information?

Do YOU believe this still happens today?

John 10:10
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The devil and his minions are constantly on the move to steal, kill, and destroy. Even in the trial of Job satan had the authority to attack his body. A spirit caused boils, yet because he never charged God foolishly he never opened himself to be completely taken, oppressed yes, yet never possessed.

Ephesians 6:11
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Is this verse saying that the only way we can stand against the deceit of the devil is to have the armor of God on? How does sinners contend then?
Quote:
A missionary went to the Marshall Islands to preach the word. When he got there he was seeing miraculous miracles, people being lifted from the hospital beds, cancers falling off, the dead raised to life again, demons casted out etc.. Then a certain organization started sending out "care packages" that contained Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and you know what brother? The miracles stopped! The missionary stopped seeing the dead raised to life again, he stopped seeing the demons casted out.

You want to see miracles like they see it in third world countries, start trusting in God like some pentecostals trust in their doctors.

Perhaps America will become a third world country and then you'll have no choice but to either to believe in a healing or meet your maker.
Just to break the tension, or attempt to anyway, I thought I’d point out a little comedy that Brother Nicodemus has provided. He’s subtle like that.

Me: What kind of miracles?

Brother Nicodemus: MIRACULOUS MIRACLES.

Me: As opposed to the run of the mill miracles?

Nicodemus: MIRACULOUS MIRACLES

Alrighty then!!!
Old 03-29-2022, 10:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Not too many people believe in the spirit realm. The Americanized Believers do not believe a spirit can cause such havoc, that was only in the time of Christ and the Apostles. Autism cannot be explained by a cause, the medical world DOESN'T know what causes Autism, so because they cannot explain it, they'll say it may be caused by incest, it could be caused by older women giving birth, or its a genetic issue. Brother, Im going to say this, 99.99999% of the time when it cannot be explained through the human mind, its spiritual!

How can a child have autism??? David said "In SIN did my mother conceive me." When you have a child with autism or a behavioral disorder look at the parents.

Just had an evangelist from Florida this weekend, and God used him in such a mighty way. We were talking Saturday night about the spirit realm, and he started telling me about going to a church in Florida and a women there was possessed. He said there were preachers there that if I called their names everyone would know them. And this women lifted herself off the floor, and he said these big named preachers ran out of the room, they were sacred. Brother Good Samaritan, the more conservative preachers are, the less likely they believe in the spirit realm. Understanding how the spiritual works isn't learned through the Septuagint, or some dictionary somewhere, its learned by reading the word and asking God to open your eyes to see what others cannot.
And just for a bonus, I’m gonna point out another bit of comedy that Brother Nicodemus provided, because someone, I’m sure, missed it.

Me: Whaaat kind of preachers were they?

Brother Nicodemus: They were big name preachers.

Me: Well just just what kind of big name preachers were they?

Nicodemus: They were sacred big name preachers.

Me: So they were holy preachers with big names?

Also me: So why did they run from the possessed woman?

Nicodemus: Because They were sacred!!

Me: Right. I think I get it.
Old 03-29-2022, 11:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Mark 9:20-22
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
21 And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child.
22 And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us.

Why would it matter how long this spirit has been with this afflicted son? Why would Jesus asked this question?
Mark 9:14-30 KJV
And when he came to his disciples, he saw a great multitude about them, and the scribes questioning with them. [15] And straightway all the people, when they beheld him, were greatly amazed, and running to him saluted him. [16] And he asked the scribes, What question ye with them? [17] And one of the multitude answered and said, Master, I have brought unto thee my son, which hath a dumb spirit; [18] And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: and I spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not. [19] He answereth him, and saith, O faithless generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him unto me. [20] And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming. [21] And he asked his father, How long is it ago since this came unto him? And he said, Of a child. [22] And ofttimes it hath cast him into the fire, and into the waters, to destroy him: but if thou canst do any thing, have compassion on us, and help us. [23] Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. [24] And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. [25] When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. [26] And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him: and he was as one dead; insomuch that many said, He is dead. [27] But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose. [28] And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out? [29] And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting. [30] And they departed thence, and passed through Galilee; and he would not that any man should know it.

You avoided the context. The disciples were disputing with the scribes. The guy had brought his son to the disciples but they couldn't cast out the demon. The guy initiated the conversation, going on about how bad the child's case was, and how His disciples couldn't help.

So Jesus answers by a complaint about everybody's lack of faith. THIS IS KEY.

The man was at the end of his rope. The disciples were frustrated and publicly humiliated. The scribes were arguing a hundred and one talmudic reasons why things were the way they were.

So Jesus asks him how long it's been going on. The man says it's been a thing since his son's childhood. Jesus then says IF YOU CAN BELIEVE A L L THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. The man has an outburst of hope, but his fear and doubt threaten to take him back under, so he asks for help with his unbelief.

Jesus then rebukes the spirit and cast it out and that was it. Jesus asked his question in order to get the man to state the case before all the witnesses so everyone would see Jesus can cure a LONG TERM CASE OF DEMONIC PSYCHOSIS, and He can do it with JUST HIS WORD.

I'm amazed you missed all that.

Quote:
Matthew 12:24
24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Brother, Jesus was even accused of using witchcraft with the authority he had. Nothing new is under the sun.
Nobody is accusing anybody who casts out demons of using witchcraft to do it. What IS being said is that much of the drama and "methods" associated with modern "deliverance ministries" is straight up witchcraft. And no, it (witchcraft) doesn't actually cast any demons out.

Brother, I think you've been "too long in the sun" (it's a book, check it out) and aren't considering what is being said to you. I also think you perhaps are a little loose in how you explain things which leads to perhaps unintended disputes. This is why we should hold fast the form of sound words (stick to the Bible) when making dogmatic pronouncements.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf