Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-21-2022, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Re: Pool of Bethesda

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Not if you recognize the use of the word "angel" in the NT and LXX as a catch-call term for spirits in general.
Im assuming the NT, is the New Testament. Not sure what the LXX is?

Quote:
There is no substantive difference between being healed and being made whole. It's merely semantics.
I believe there was a noticeable difference between the 10 lepers, 9 were cleansed or healed of there disease and had to show themselves to the priests. Yet, the 10th one that turned back to be made whole never had to go to the priests, for there was nothing to show them.

Quote:
Yes, I believe evil spirits can be the cause of sickness, disease, illness, injury, and syndrome. But not always. Each situation needs to be properly discerned on its own merits.
I believe more often than not spirits are behind sicknesses. Lots of talk among the UPCI of depression, anxiety, even suicide. So much so, we now have "Apostolic Therapists".
Old 01-21-2022, 03:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Old 01-22-2022, 03:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
NT is New Testament, LXX is the Roman Numeral for 70, a kind of shorthand for Septuagint.

Quote:
I believe there was a noticeable difference between the 10 lepers, 9 were cleansed or healed of there disease and had to show themselves to the priests. Yet, the 10th one that turned back to be made whole never had to go to the priests, for there was nothing to show them.
I don't see that in the text.

They cry for mercy. Jesus tells them to go and show themselves to the priest, which was a legal requirement in the Torah in order to be pronounced clean and allowed back into society.

While they go on their way, the text reads "they were cleansed". Then one of them, a Samaritan, seeing that he was "healed" turned back to give thanks. Jesus tells him his faith has made him whole.

What is the wholeness that the man's faith generated? His cleansing of his leprosy and the healing of his body.

There is no difference.

Quote:
I believe more often than not spirits are behind sicknesses. Lots of talk among the UPCI of depression, anxiety, even suicide. So much so, we now have "Apostolic Therapists".
I am of the opinion that most sicknesses are the result of poor lifestyle, lack of proper sleep and rest, correct diet, exercise, etc.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-22-2022, 03:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
My reaction, too.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-22-2022, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Thats exactly what I was like?

Didn't understand what the LXX was.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:28 PM
New User

Old 01-22-2022, 05:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

1 Timothy 5:23 KJV
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Why didn't Paul just rebuke Timothy's health problems? Or at least why didn't he suggest Timothy check into his past issues to figure out where the demon got its foothold?

2 Timothy 4:20 KJV
Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.

Why didn't Trophimus get deliverance? Why did Paul leave him there without a healing? Was Trophimus being stubborn and refused to admit he had demons that got ahold of him because of some issue in his past? Or present? So Paul said "Fine, stay sick, I'm moving on"?

Philippians 2:25-30 KJV
Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants. [26] For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick. [27] For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. [28] I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful. [29] Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation: [30] Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

So Epaphroditus worked himself almost to death helping Paul preach the Gospel... Why didn't Paul mention he was attacked by a demon that got into his life when he was living in sin before his conversion?

Some things aren't adding up quite right...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-23-2022, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
1 Timothy 5:23 KJV
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

Why didn't Paul just rebuke Timothy's health problems? Or at least why didn't he suggest Timothy check into his past issues to figure out where the demon got its foothold?

2 Timothy 4:20 KJV
Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick.

Why didn't Trophimus get deliverance? Why did Paul leave him there without a healing? Was Trophimus being stubborn and refused to admit he had demons that got ahold of him because of some issue in his past? Or present? So Paul said "Fine, stay sick, I'm moving on"?

Philippians 2:25-30 KJV
Yet I supposed it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, and companion in labour, and fellowsoldier, but your messenger, and he that ministered to my wants. [26] For he longed after you all, and was full of heaviness, because that ye had heard that he had been sick. [27] For indeed he was sick nigh unto death: but God had mercy on him; and not on him only, but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow. [28] I sent him therefore the more carefully, that, when ye see him again, ye may rejoice, and that I may be the less sorrowful. [29] Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness; and hold such in reputation: [30] Because for the work of Christ he was nigh unto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lack of service toward me.

So Epaphroditus worked himself almost to death helping Paul preach the Gospel... Why didn't Paul mention he was attacked by a demon that got into his life when he was living in sin before his conversion?

Some things aren't adding up quite right...
You’re right, things are not adding up.

I ask for your forgiveness, and I’m being serious.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
You’re right, things are not adding up.

I ask for your forgiveness, and I’m being serious.
Forgiveness? For what? I'm not aware you have wronged me in any way, so I'm not sure what I would forgive you for?

I was just pointing out that, although the Bible certainly does teach that many sicknesses and infirmities have a spiritual or supernatural cause or contributing factors, there are other times that sicknesses and infirmities have a more mundane origin (and solution). We need wisdom from God to discern what is the correct approach to any situation, whatever it may be.

And of course, prayer and faith are ALWAYS appropriate responses to every situation. Even the mundane and ordinary situations we often find ourselves in.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-25-2022, 07:02 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Thats exactly what I was like?

Didn't understand what the LXX was.
You don't get out much do you?

Brother Nick, you are a pastor? Correct?