Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
america, bin laden, foreign policy, not ally, pakistan

Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

Pakistan Is Not Our Ally

I sincerely wanted Pakistani-American relations to be strong.

However, the discovery of bin laden in a military town about 80 miles from the capital of Pakistan leaves little doubt in my mind that the Pakistani government is not a friend to the USA.

Now I don't believe Saudi Arabia to be a true ally either, but there is at least some value in protecting the perception of a friendly Saudi relationship.

Recent developments are enough for me to consider the government of Pakistan as an enemy-- not just to the government of the USA, but to the people too.

It is beyond offensive to my sensibilites that bin laden would be hanging out in Pakistan in a mansion for what some are reporting as long as the last four years without the Pakistani government's knowledge.

It is even more offensive for the Pakistani government to lie about it.

Maybe, for the sake of American foreign policy and for the success of our military operations in central Asia, we should keep the fascade up.

Still there should not be a mistake in the collective conscience of America today: Pakistan is NOT our ally.

Maybe some new information will be released after this post that would change my mind concerning my assertion of the Pakistani government, but I doubt it.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: Pakistan Is Not Our Ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
I sincerely wanted Pakistani-American relations to be strong.

However, the discovery of bin laden in a military town about 80 miles from the capital of Pakistan leaves little doubt in my mind that the Pakistani government is not a friend to the USA.

Now I don't believe Saudi Arabia to be a true ally either, but there is at least some value in protecting the perception of a friendly Saudi relationship.

Recent developments are enough for me to consider the government of Pakistan as an enemy-- not just to the government of the USA, but to the people too.

It is beyond offensive to my sensibilites that bin laden would be hanging out in Pakistan in a mansion for what some are reporting as long as the last four years without the Pakistani government's knowledge.

It is even more offensive for the Pakistani government to lie about it.

Maybe, for the sake of American foreign policy and for the success of our military operations in central Asia, we should keep the fascade up.

Still there should not be a mistake in the collective conscience of America today: Pakistan is NOT our ally.

Maybe some new information will be released after this post that would change my mind concerning my assertion of the Pakistani government, but I doubt it.

His compound was 100 yards from a military academy. (dare I say it? a la West Point) There are check points going into that area.
Right, no one knew bin laden was there...
Old 05-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Sister Alvear

America really has very few friends....

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 05-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Go Dodgers!

This could mean some in the government is not our ally. It could mean there is an entire governmental conspiracy too

Or it could also mean the are incredibly inept and Osama thought, what better place to hide out than where they'd least expect him

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.