Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-24-2021, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

Re: Airlifting Afghanistan Refugees to Your Door!

I suppose everyone should leave North America and return to where they came from. Leave it all for the Native Americans.

Our nation is a collection of refugees and immigrants. It has always been that way and will always be that way.
Old 08-24-2021, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
I suppose everyone should leave North America and return to where they came from. Leave it all for the Native Americans.
Scott, comments like this show how much people like you don't understand the issue. Peoples have migrated around the globe since Adam left Eden. Yet, Western Europe as the Puritans and Pilgrims weren't the first to set a foot here, but the Vikings, the Chinese, and the Romans. Yet, those three groups were unable to set up colonization. The British and the Dutch were able to colonize north America, while the Spaniards colonized the South. The French with the North, and the South. Refugees? Let's try immigrants, which came in the form of Irish, and Italians. Did they stick with their own cultures? While Italians, Irish, and Jews kept with some of their cultures they were "Christians" who adopted the language of their new home. Italians weren't given the option of press 1 for English 2 for Italian. Neither were the Greeks who could only hear their language amongst themselves and their liturgy.
In other words they blended in, they adapted, the whole heartedly adopted the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. They didn't come here to keep their language of the land they left. My relatives had some who never spoke Italian, Greek, or Yiddish to their children. The Irish adapted way faster because they were English. That isn't what you are seeing with Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, and Somalia. Not Christian, Catholic, or Orthodox Christians. Muslims who for the most part want to bring their culture and ideology here with them. Who want to live here with their Islamic culture intact. Who want to use America instead of integrate, and adopt the culture of their new land. Again, London is mockingly called Londonstan. But who made the situation which caused that to be so? Liberals, weak as water liberals. Who destroyed religion, and the culture of their own counrty to now accept the refuse of other countries. Scott, your politics and religion hasn't improved anything. But apparently it has decimated everywhere you and your kind touch.

Quote:
Our nation is a collection of refugees and immigrants. It has always been that way and will always be that way.
Scott, look at California, it is an open sewer, spewing stench. In Nancy Pelosi's district the homeless defecate in the street. Surviving on crack, while Nancy eats 10.00 a pint ice cream. I don't expect you to understand any of this, because you and your kind want for nothing. Living in the Wisconsin Dells far from the inner city which is run by the left. Who rape the poor, and build up their bank accounts. Our nation was built by Europeans and their white, black, brown, yellow, and red slaves. Problem we have now, is that the left want to get rid of any remnant of the Western European, and have a country made up of nothing but white, black, brown, yellow, and red slaves.
Communism only helps the higher ups with their 10.00 a pint ice cream. Never the huddled masses. You are just a useful tool like a length of fishing line. That once it is used up it is discarded. Again your liberals policies helped destroy religion and culture in this country. Hope you get to reap the benefit of what you created, and not someone else's children.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Scott, comments like this show how much people like you don't understand the issue. Peoples have migrated around the globe since Adam left Eden. Yet, Western Europe as the Puritans and Pilgrims weren't the first to set a foot here, but the Vikings, the Chinese, and the Romans. Yet, those three groups were unable to set up colonization. The British and the Dutch were able to colonize north America, while the Spaniards colonized the South. The French with the North, and the South. Refugees? Let's try immigrants, which came in the form of Irish, and Italians. Did they stick with their own cultures? While Italians, Irish, and Jews kept with some of their cultures they were "Christians" who adopted the language of their new home. Italians weren't given the option of press 1 for English 2 for Italian. Neither were the Greeks who could only hear their language amongst themselves and their liturgy.
In other words they blended in, they adapted, the whole heartedly adopted the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. They didn't come here to keep their language of the land they left. My relatives had some who never spoke Italian, Greek, or Yiddish to their children. The Irish adapted way faster because they were English. That isn't what you are seeing with Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Yemen, and Somalia. Not Christian, Catholic, or Orthodox Christians. Muslims who for the most part want to bring their culture and ideology here with them. Who want to live here with their Islamic culture intact. Who want to use America instead of integrate, and adopt the culture of their new land. Again, London is mockingly called Londonstan. But who made the situation which caused that to be so? Liberals, weak as water liberals. Who destroyed religion, and the culture of their own counrty to now accept the refuse of other countries. Scott, your politics and religion hasn't improved anything. But apparently it has decimated everywhere you and your kind touch.

Scott, look at California, it is an open sewer, spewing stench. In Nancy Pelosi's district the homeless defecate in the street. Surviving on crack, while Nancy eats 10.00 a pint ice cream. I don't expect you to understand any of this, because you and your kind want for nothing. Living in the Wisconsin Dells far from the inner city which is run by the left. Who rape the poor, and build up their bank accounts. Our nation was built by Europeans and their white, black, brown, yellow, and red slaves. Problem we have now, is that the left want to get rid of any remnant of the Western European, and have a country made up of nothing but white, black, brown, yellow, and red slaves.
Communism only helps the higher ups with their 10.00 a pint ice cream. Never the huddled masses. You are just a useful tool like a length of fishing line. That once it is used up it is discarded. Again your liberals policies helped destroy religion and culture in this country. Hope you get to reap the benefit of what you created, and not someone else's children.

When I read your post I thought of this quote:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.” -Theodore Roosevelt
Old 08-25-2021, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
When I read your post I thought of this quote:

“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.” -Theodore Roosevelt
Thank you for this quote Sister Barb
Old 08-26-2021, 01:26 PM
Registered Member

There has never been a time when only one language has been spoken in the USA. As a reminder, our national motto is not in English.

If the founding fathers dared craft a national motto in a language other than English, the rest of us do not compromise our identity when speaking a language other than English.

Should Native Americans be forced to stop speaking their native languages ?

The right to speak a language other than English as American citizens is enshrined in the First Amendment.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
There has never been a time when only one language has been spoken in the USA. As a reminder, our national motto is not in English.

If the founding fathers dared craft a national motto in a language other than English, the rest of us do not compromise our identity when speaking a language other than English.

The right to speak a language other than English as American citizens is enshrined in the First Amendment.
SP - I do not see where anyone spoke of forcing anyone to not speak a native language. The forcing these days is done by the progressive left with mask and vaccine mandates.
The point is that immigrants need to "assimilate" and become Americans. Not that everyone cannot value their heritage, but to value being an American.
The founding fathers also made sure that no non-birth citizen could be POTUS. So, obviously they were worried about loyalty to this country.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Ironically you choose E pluribus unum as your defense? "Out of the plurality of people we are unified" Very good Scott, very good. A motto which proves my point hardcore. The founders used the Latin phrase from the Roman poet Virgil. As the Roman Empire was 3/4 of the known earth, with many peoples and languages, plural groups would join in unity under one symbol the Roman Aquila, with one language Latin. The founders borrowed Virgil's motto that all nations, kindreds, and tongues would be unified under one symbol. The American Eagle, and one language English. Since you had the basic American pubic schooling, and finished things out in a UPC Bible college. I wouldn't expect you to understand why the founders used Latin. Anyway, hopefully you learned something today. That the founding fathers didn't use Latin to show Americans through the ages that they were cool with press one for English. But the bigger picture was that they wanted Americans who would come from all over, to be ONE UNIFIED PEOPLE.

Scott, I think you've been taking lessons from the fish.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:48 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

The US National Motto is "In God we trust". I guess that's a foreign language to you.

What a joke.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 08-26-2021, 11:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Hey Scott:

"In general, a naturalization applicant must demonstrate an understanding of the English language, including an ability to read, write, and speak words in ordinary usage. "

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/...rt-e-chapter-1

I also saw this from the same source:

"Prior to 1906, an applicant was not required to know English, history, civics, or understand the principles of the constitution to naturalize."

Then I read this:

"In 1940, Congress made amendments to include an English language requirement and certain exemptions based on age and residence, as well as a provision for questioning applicants on their understanding of the principles of the Constitution."

Which party was in control of Congress and the WH in 1940, Scott?

Oh that's right. The Democrats had a majority in both Houses, as well as holding the White House.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Old 08-30-2021, 10:30 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I was reminded of this today, when reading an article in an industry magazine.
link
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/bi...sfmc_id=525298
snippet
"Given the huge backup that ensued, Pajcic writes, “there are thousands of blinking and flashing lights.” Additionally, overhead signs were quickly changed to declare “Traffic crash ahead, be prepared to stop.” Pajcic notes that the signs were in English, relevant to the fact that the driver who crashed into Dzion — identified in court documents as Yadwinder Sangha — did not speak the language. "