Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-04-2021, 10:01 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Mal 3:5, Matt 23:14,Mark 12:38-40,Lk 20:46-47

I was speaking with an individual who is a friend of my wife. As she was telling me about events in her life, she said something that made my eyebrow go up a tad. She said that her 92 year old widow woman mother, has the "ex" pastor stop by every month to pick up "cash" The amount made me lean back in my office swivel chair, and my jaw drop with tongue rolled back to snap my tonsils.
I calmly proceeded to ask "what access does your mother have to church services?" The sister replied "none." I then asked, 'does the pastor visit her regularly to minister, with prayer and conversation? Does the minister mow her lawn, rebuild the roof, hunt and kill her food?" In short "What on earth has he done over the years to be able to require such a salary?" She could tell me nothing, and she didn't really understand why her mother's "ex" minister was showing up. Now the old woman doesn't attend the "ex" pastor's church, or any other church. Only reason she is even visited by the "ex" pastor is because she once went to that church long ago, and left when she was no longer physically able to attend. So, I guess it's force of habit to just continue grazing where he always grazed even though the land had been sold and a fence has clearly been installed.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:09 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Mal 3:5, Matt 23:14,Mark 12:38-40,Lk 20:46-47

Ezekiel 34

Ezekiel 34

1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,
2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
3 Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.
4 The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
5 And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
6 My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.
7 Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;
8 As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;
9 Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;
10 Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
11 For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out.
12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day.
13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.
14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel.
15 I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD.
16 I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment.
17 And as for you, O my flock, thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.
18 Seemeth it a small thing unto you to have eaten up the good pasture, but ye must tread down with your feet the residue of your pastures? and to have drunk of the deep waters, but ye must foul the residue with your feet?
19 And as for my flock, they eat that which ye have trodden with your feet; and they drink that which ye have fouled with your feet.
20 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD unto them; Behold, I, even I, will judge between the fat cattle and between the lean cattle.
21 Because ye have thrust with side and with shoulder, and pushed all the diseased with your horns, till ye have scattered them abroad;
22 Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.
23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.
24 And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.
25 And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
26 And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.
27 And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.
28 And they shall no more be a prey to the heathen, neither shall the beast of the land devour them; but they shall dwell safely, and none shall make them afraid.
29 And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more.
30 Thus shall they know that I the LORD their God am with them, and that they, even the house of Israel, are my people, saith the Lord GOD.
31 And ye my flock, the flock of my pasture, are men, and I am your God, saith the Lord GOD.
<<PrevTopNext>>
Old 11-04-2021, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

That’s really a sad situation. And it’s all too common.

Do you recall the situation in the early church when the Grecian murmured against the Hebrews because their widows weren’t being taken care of?

The nerve! They actually stood up to the apostles. They were real troublemakers!

And here is how that turned out.

Acts.6

[1] And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
[2] Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
[3] Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
[4] But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
[5] And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
[6] Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.

Can you imagine anyone being so bold today? As to murmur to the pastor? But these were calling out the apostles!

The reaction of the apostles is what is telling. They repented and took care of business. The church is sure not what it used to be. I can’t imagine a church doing this today.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:45 AM
Registered Member

I suspect it is the result of the deceit doctrine of tithing. She probably thinks she needs to obey the commandment of tithing [of all income], according to "The Modern Tithe Teachers Version", or else judgment will come. So the pastor is "helping her" to be obedient to it.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:00 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
I suspect it is the result of the deceit doctrine of tithing. She probably thinks she needs to obey the commandment of tithing [of all income], according to "The Modern Tithe Teachers Version", or else judgment will come. So the pastor is "helping her" to be obedient to it.
Well, duh.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:04 AM
New User

I was visiting a cousin. Her daughter showed me a horn thing that my aunt got from Benny Hinn.
They told me that before she pays anything, my aunt will send money to Benny Hinn.

My cousin stated that, “She has done this since we were kids. Sometimes we wouldn’t have electricity or food because she’d send money to Benny Hinn. She thinks God is going to GIVE her a house someday.”
To which we all got a good laugh.
Old 11-10-2021, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I was visiting a cousin. Her daughter showed me a horn thing that my aunt got from Benny Hinn.
They told me that before she pays anything, my aunt will send money to Benny Hinn.

My cousin stated that, “She has done this since we were kids. Sometimes we wouldn’t have electricity or food because she’d send money to Benny Hinn. She thinks God is going to GIVE her a house someday.”
To which we all got a good laugh.
I got a front row seat to this behavior when I was a kid. My grandmother lived with us. She was totally supported to my knowledge by my parents. When she got her social security check she would divvy it up and send the greatest portion of it to preachers of the television variety (even though we didn’t have television).

She would be almost giddy when she received some mass generated correspondence from them in the mail. She lived for it.

But she was in a vulnerable state. She was old and increasingly facing her own mortality and her eternal salvation. The evangelists had the answers for her. Give God the money. Send it to us, we’ll see that He gets it.

It’s difficult to imagine a lower way to make a living than preying off of widows. Television evangelists of this stripe make used car salesmen seem downright virtuous by comparison.