Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 08-26-2020, 05:55 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Laura

Let's keep Texas, Louisiana, and all in the path of Laura in our prayers.
Old 08-26-2020, 05:59 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Re: Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Let's keep Texas, Louisiana, and all in the path of Laura in our prayers.

Yeah, couple weeks ago I saw an article talking about how damaging it'd be for Louisiana to be whacked by another Katrina during the financial hit its taken during the covid mess. They have already lost twice the jobs lost during Katrina.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

Gods judgment on the unrighteous. How many times do you have to go through hell to move to heaven? The gulf coast is a local phone call from the hot place.

I am funning, don't kill me.

Old 08-26-2020, 08:50 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
Gods judgment on the unrighteous. How many times do you have to go through hell to move to heaven? The gulf coast is a local phone call from the hot place.

I am funning, don't kill me.
I know you are kidding around, but how many people do we know who believes that exact thing. Sad.

Praying for Louisiana and East Texas. Please continue to pray until the end of November for all of the Gulf States and Florida.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:56 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I know you are kidding around, but how many people do we know who believes that exact thing. Sad.

Praying for Louisiana and East Texas. Please continue to pray until the end of November for all of the Gulf States and Florida.

So God doesnt control weather? Is He more of a Newtonian wind up the clockworks and let it tick along its merry way kinda God?

If He doesnt control the weather does that make Him not all powerful?

Im not being a jerk here man, Im really wanting to know your views and reasoning on all this.

Either God controls it all or He doesnt.

Either Hes got a handle on what He created or He doesnt.

Unless you blame the weather on the devil...which I guess I could understand him co opting something to cause people to blame God for such an occurrence.

Either He controls it all or He doesnt and if He doesnt Id like to know why and to what extent He doesn't control other stuff.

Dont tell me that we have a personal savior who loves us and can know our very thoughts and the hairs on our heads who lives from everlasting to everlasting who spoke worlds, universes and galaxies and all the systems therein into place who accidentally lets His weather get out of hand for no reason at all.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:07 PM
Registered Member

Of course God controls the weather.

Old 08-26-2020, 02:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
So God doesnt control weather? Is He more of a Newtonian wind up the clockworks and let it tick along its merry way kinda God?

If He doesnt control the weather does that make Him not all powerful?

Im not being a jerk here man, Im really wanting to know your views and reasoning on all this.

Either God controls it all or He doesnt.

Either Hes got a handle on what He created or He doesnt.

Unless you blame the weather on the devil...which I guess I could understand him co opting something to cause people to blame God for such an occurrence.

Either He controls it all or He doesnt and if He doesnt Id like to know why and to what extent He doesn't control other stuff.

Dont tell me that we have a personal savior who loves us and can know our very thoughts and the hairs on our heads who lives from everlasting to everlasting who spoke worlds, universes and galaxies and all the systems therein into place who accidentally lets His weather get out of hand for no reason at all.
Since you are responding to a reply I made to Monterey, then we aren’t talking about whether or not God makes breezes or hurricanes. I responded to the point whether or not every time we have a hurricane it’s God putting South Florida and it’s Gulf neighbors under judgement? Job’s buds believed every time someone had illness or a hard way to go it was because the person was at odds with God. Which wasn’t the case with Job. They were wrong. While God controls the weather as is explained in Job, not everything which we perceive as bad is God punishing someone.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:35 PM
On the road less traveled

Praying for everyone in the path of this storm. Our Lord knows all, sees all, and is with you all. Our faith in HIM can remain steadfast regardless of what storms in life may bring.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:00 AM
of 9!! :)

Our Louisiana and Texas neighbors woke up to a lot of destruction this morning. Praying there was no loss of life and praying for all those who've been affected.