Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-22-2021, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Re: The Son Is Gods Self 1 Hr. Video

I was just wondering if anyone watched the video to know the context of the Son being Gods self?
Old 04-22-2021, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

As a rule, I never watch videos.
Old 04-22-2021, 06:41 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Mike,

This means that as far as Jesus was concerned, the Father was an entirely different person, if you will, or entity and identity, with a "self" that was not at all the self of the Son, but was unique to the Father alone.
“The Father was an entirely different “person”. Hmmmmm...

Oh, that is right. You did say you come from a Trinitarian point of view.

Where, oh, where is Brother Blume?
Old 04-22-2021, 06:43 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
People flip out when they think God is both the Son and Father, as if God is speaking to himself. Meanwhile, the bible shows a MaN SPEAKING TO HIMSELF:

Luk 12:16.. And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:..

Watch how he THINKS WITHIN HIMSELF:

Luk 12:17.. And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?..

He just asked himself a question!

Then he answers himself:

Luk 12:18.. And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

Then he actually speaks to his own soul:
Luk 12:19.. And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry...

And then we read God took counsel of his own will!

Ephesians 1:11 KJV.. In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

In the case of God, He so perfectly manifested as a human being that that man had to pray and rely on deity! And to say that God cannot do that as a single person is to weaken his abilities and base them on the limitations that human beings have, who cannot manifest themselves with another nature. So simple yet so many make that fatal error.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
“The Father was an entirely different “person”. Hmmmmm...

Oh, that is right. You did say you come from a Trinitarian point of view.

Where, oh, where is Brother Blume?
No, I didn't. And you know I didn't. Because you and I have been around and around on this like what, close to SEVEN TIMES?

This was the last time, if memory serves:

http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...9&postcount=80

Quote:
There's no venting here, just an observation that since the post in which I declared "I am not Oneness" something like three years ago, whenever you and I converse and are on different sides of an issue, your argument against mine always devolves into an ad hominem of me not being Oneness, instead of staying focused on the issue. Just like it did here.

As far as my views on the Godhead are concerned, I've made them abundantly clear through my time here. They are in various threads throughout the forum.

I also made it clear I am not a Trinitarian, but you don't remember me writing that, even though I specifically wrote as much in the very thread that got you all wound up about me not being Oneness. See? You've selectively remembered I am not Oneness, when it suits your aims, but don't remember stating I am not Trinitarian because it doesn't suit your aims.

So, let's have some honesty here.
You are covered with the shame of your false witness against me, but even worse than that, you don't even realize it. Sad.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 04-22-2021, 09:49 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
“The Father was an entirely different “person”. - Votivesoul
Okie Dokie, Votive.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Okie Dokie, Votive.
How about you interact with what I wrote about John 17:5 and demonstrate, if you can, how what I wrote is in error, and leave me and your beef with me out of it?

And just because I wrote that the Father and Son are different persons does not make me a Trinitarian. You have a limited, ideologically-based false dichotomy in your head about what I can and cannot be, or what I do and do not believe. And yet, you doing so does not make anything you claim or say about me, to be true, regardless of however you attempt to justify your bearing false witness against me.

So perhaps you ought to concern yourself more with what the Lord thinks of you breaking the ninth commandment and less with me as a person or admin here at AFF.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/

Last edited by votivesoul; 04-23-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2021, 06:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
How about you interact with what I wrote about John 17:5 and demonstrate, if you can, how what I wrote is in error, and leave me and your beef with me out of it?

And just because I wrote that the Father and Son are different persons does not make me a Trinitarian. You have a limited, ideologically-based false dichotomy in your head about what I can and cannot be, or what I do and do not believe. And yet, you doing so does not make anything you claim or say about me, to be true, regardless of however you attempt to justify your bearing false witness against me.

So perhaps you ought to concern yourself more with what the Lord thinks of you breaking the ninth commandment and less with me as a person or admin here at AFF.
Well said.

Last edited by votivesoul; 04-23-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-23-2021, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I was just wondering if anyone watched the video to know the context of the Son being Gods self?
I watched it Mike, the whole.thing. I understand what you were saying. This is something the Oneness people need to be able to explain.
Old 04-23-2021, 11:17 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:

And just because I wrote that the Father and Son are different persons does not make me a Trinitarian. You have a limited, ideologically-based false dichotomy in your head about what I can and cannot be, or what I do and do not believe. And yet, you doing so does not make anything you claim or say about me, to be true, regardless of however you attempt justify your bearing false witness against me.

So perhaps you ought to concern yourself more with what the Lord thinks of you breaking of the ninth commandment and less with me as a person or admin here at AFF.
It is very simple.

One divine person exists even though linguistics forces Jesus to use plural pronouns.

Jesus identifies Himself as the indwelling agent. Because He cannot indwell us with His human form, He must do so by His Spirit. That is what forces Him into plural language as in John 14:13.

When we are describing the various modes of God’s existence, i.e., the Father and Son, we are also forced into plural pronouns. Again, in that existence and distinction “together” in one sentence, we must use plural pronouns. Often times we may say - they and them. However, it doesn’t cause us to commit to a Trinitarian view as two divine “persons”.

I would add a caveat, in that, I don’t believe everyone who says they are Trinitarian actually are, in the true sense of the definition. However, forgive me, when I read your posts, something feels off and I can’t shake it. I, of course, want to push back.

Because of Isaiah 9:6 being a basis of description, our view can only be a plurality of modes and never a plurality of “persons”.